List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: fvwm2 and kdm setup
From:       Olivier Chapuis <olivier.chapuis () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-10-19 5:00:48

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 10:34:47PM -0230, Neil Zanella wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to be able to select fvwm2 directly from kdm rather than
> choosing failsafe at the kdm login and then running fvwm2 manually.
> I would still like to have kdm rather than xdm on the login screen.
> I am running Red Hat 7.1 with kde 2.1.1 and the latest fvwm2 version
> of course. I have done the following to /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc:
>
> #SessionTypes=default,kde,gnome,failsafe
> SessionTypes=default,kde,gnome,fvwm2,failsafe
>
> This shows me an fvwm2 option but when I log in I end up with kde rather
> than fvwm2. What other configuration files must I configure for fvwm2
> to start up when I log in?

You should edit (or create) an ~/.xsession file that look like:

# things you want to do before starting your session

case in $1

    default)
       fvwm2
    ;;

    kde)
       startkde
    ;;

    gnome)
       gnome-session
    ;;

    fvwm2)
       fvwm2
    ;;

    *)
       fvwm2
    ;;

esac

# things you want to do before leaving X

Olivier
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.