List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [Full-disclosure] No Directory Traversal Vulnerability in sthttpd
From:       "Anthony G. Basile" <basile () opensource ! dyc ! edu>
Date:       2013-05-30 20:36:55

Hi everyone,

I've gotten reports from a couple of directions now regarding Metropolis
Hexor's directory traversal attack against thttpd 2.25b [1].  Since I'm
maintaining sthttpd, a fork of thttpd [2], I thought I'd better let
people know that the exploit does not affect sthttpd.  Several people
have tried and just can't trigger it.  sthttpd has about a dozen patches
that have accumulated over the years (one reason for the fork) and one
of those is the fix.

Please play with the code base [3] and report problems (or better yet,
submit patches) and I will address them issues.

I'm not on the list so please cc me.

Refs.

   [1] http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/May/106
   [2] http://opensource.dyc.edu/sthttpd