List:       freshmeat-news
Subject:    [fm-news] Newsletter for Tuesday, December 09th 2008
From:       The freshmeat daily newsletter <freshmeat-news () lists ! freshmeat ! net>
Date:       2008-12-10 0:10:02

> > > L I N K S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :::

Today's news on the web: http://freshmeat.net/daily/2008/12/09/
freshmeat.net newsgroup: news:///fm.announce

-----.--..--- --.-----  .   .--.. ..--.------ -----.-.-- --- -.-

> > > A D V E R T I S I N G :::

Perforce SCM: Versions and manages

Install Perforce in less than 10 min. and get your projects under source
control.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;206902539;13503038;y?http://www.sourceforge.net/powerbar/perforce/?referrer=sfnews

-  - --- - -----.--. ---- .. --  ...---  -.  .. --- - .-- --. .--

> > > R E L E A S E   H E A D L I N E S (59) :::

[001] - 0MQ 0.4
[002] - Absolute OS 12.2.0.rc1
[003] - AgileWiki 11.7 (Element Model)
[004] - Antiplate 1.2.1
[005] - Astaro Command Center 1.902 (Beta)
[006] - ATA over Ethernet Tools 29
[007] - bonnie++ 1.03e
[008] - Boussinesque + Kinematic Wave Equation Solver 1.0
[009] - Cedar Backup 2.19.2
[010] - cliPSafe 1.1
[011] - Clonezilla 1.2.1-23 (Clonezilla live)
[012] - Clover framework 2.6.0
[013] - Clue 0.4
[014] - Combine 4.001
[015] - CPPSERV 0.1.117
[016] - dochttx 0.2.3
[017] - Draco 1.2
[018] - Efax-gtk 3.0.18 (Stable)
[019] - Etch 3.3
[020] - EZMorph 1.0.6
[021] - Firewall Builder 3.0.3
[022] - FrontAccounting 2.0.6
[023] - fsarchiver 0.1.8
[024] - GeoServer  1.7.1
[025] - gumnut 0.2.4
[026] - Help Desk Reloaded 3.6.7
[027] - J!Research 1.0.1 Stable (Stable)
[028] - Json-lib 2.2.3
[029] - jsSHA 1.11
[030] - Klavaro 1.1.8
[031] - ksar 5.0.6
[032] - Likewise Open 5.0.3934
[033] - LionWiki 2.0
[034] - Lzip 1.2-rc1 (Development)
[035] - mbootpack 0.6a
[036] - mtools 4.0.1
[037] - MyOODB 4.0.0.2
[038] - NoMachine NX 3.3.0-1 (Web Companion)
[039] - Open Translation Engine 0.9.8.2
[040] - phplist 2.10.8 (Stable)
[041] - phpMyAdmin 3.1.1
[042] - PTRANS 1.0
[043] - pws 0.3.1 (Unstable)
[044] - Rover 3.0b
[045] - Scarry On Line 1.0
[046] - ShoutSend 1.02
[047] - Simple Groupware 0.430
[048] - Socklib 1.0.5
[049] - Strfunc Library 1.0.1
[050] - Talend Open Profiler 1.1.2
[051] - TCExam 7.0.007
[052] - tcp_proxy 1.0.3
[053] - TestLink 1.8 RC2
[054] - The Digital Seed Vault dev-20081209
[055] - The Tiny Multi Agent Platform 6.4
[056] - Ubuntu Privacy Remix 8.04_r1
[057] - YaketyStats 2.1
[058] - ZenMagick 0.9.3
[059] - Zina 2.0beta1

-..---.--.- -.---.-- -. ---- ---.-.-. --- ---------.-. --.--..-.-

> > > R E L E A S E   D E T A I L S :::

[001] - 0MQ 0.4
  by sustrik (http://freshmeat.net/users/sustrik/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:46

About: 0MQ is a lightweight messaging kernel. It achieves 30 microsecond
end-to-end latencies and over 3 million messages per second. It can be used
from C, C++, Python, and Java.

Changes: Support was added for Windows, AIX, HP-UX, OpenBSD, and QNX
Neutrino. Advanced polling mechanisms are used to handle thousands of
simultaneous network connections in a decent manner.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[002] - Absolute OS 12.2.0.rc1
  by Paul Sherman (http://freshmeat.net/users/psherma1/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:50

About: Absolute Linux is a lightweight Slackware derivative that uses an
Icewm, pcmanfm, ROX-Filer, ivman, and others to create a lightweight yet
easy to use distribution. Installation is text-based but simplified, and
all packages are installed at once. It can run on a Pentium II and above,
including SMP systems. A minimum 128MB RAM is recommended. It features ease
of browsing any connected device in pcmanfm and an auto-popup menu for
inserted playable media. "Restricted" codecs are available to those
eligible via a root-user installer. There is a large range of software
available, including OpenOffice, Mplayer, GIMP, and K3B.

Changes: Many application and library updates were made. A switch was made
from audacious/jripper to xmms/asunder for audio playback and ripping,
respectively. Gslapt and slapt-get were preconfigured for the Absolute
repository. GIMP 2.6.3 was included with added Script-FUs and brushes from
gimphelp.org. ISOs are available for both the installer and CD2 of extra
packages.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[003] - AgileWiki 11.7 (Element Model)
  by Bill la Forge (http://freshmeat.net/users/laforge49/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:27

Database
Documentation
Information Management

About: AgileWiki is an SDK for assembling software systems which are
fluid, easily configured and can be reorganized on-the-fly to meet ever
changing requirements. It includes a COW-based database, the Rolonics
programming paradigm, and semantic inferencing.

Changes: A new initialization event: registration. Keywords now load
correctly. Browse no longer flickers on startup. Maximizing no longer
causes problems. Swing exceptions have been fixed. The alt tool bar is now
correctly initialized.

License: Common Public License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[004] - Antiplate 1.2.1
  by Mnementh (http://freshmeat.net/users/Mnementh/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:32

Software Development :: Build Tools

About: Antiplate is an Ant script that creates a common  project structure
for Java projects. It creates  directories, property files, and a build
script with  common settings and targets.

Changes: This version provides some minor fixes and cleanup. This includes
a better description for target dist-releases, the removal of a dependency
of macro export.svn working creation of svn.url, and solving a problem
where 'ant dist' for Antiplate included the generated directory.

License: The Apache License 2.0

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[005] - Astaro Command Center 1.902 (Beta)
  by astaro (http://freshmeat.net/users/astaro/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:33

Internet
Security
System :: Networking

About: Astaro Command Center (ACC) is an application for centralized
management of Astaros gateway products. With ACC, network administrators
can easily manage and control multiple Astaro devices. The two separated
Web-Based GUIs (WebAdmin and Gateway Manager) enable the split of
ACC-system administration and role-based Gateway monitoring and can be also
implemented in existing Active Directory or eDirectory environments.
provides an effective overview that details the actual health of each
device, swiftly allowing administrators to see which gateways require more
attention or immediate action (by reason of e.g. threat level, license, or
CPU/memory/disk usage). Over the one-click WebAdmin SSO to each connected
gateway, it is possible to react instantly if necessary.

Changes: This Up2date improves the handling for stale sessions in Gateway
Manager, adds support for the shortcut "any" device group, and enhances the
performance for the filter bar. It also fixes some bugs in the frontend and
backend.

License: Freeware

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[006] - ATA over Ethernet Tools 29
  by Ed Cashin at Coraid (http://freshmeat.net/users/ecashinCoraid/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:35

Information Management
System
System :: Archiving :: Backup

About: The ATA over Ethernet Tools are intended for use in conjunction
with an ATA over Ethernet (AoE) driver for a Linux 2.6 kernel. They perform
simple tasks like listing available devices, triggering device discovery,
and restricting the network interfaces on which AoE is performed.

Changes: POSIX shell compatibility was improved. A nuisance bug where the
presence of any ./aoe would make aoe-version report the installed aoe
driver version as "unknown" was fixed. The documentation was updated.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[007] - bonnie++ 1.03e
  by etbe (http://freshmeat.net/users/russellcoker/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:38

System :: Benchmark
System :: Filesystems

About: Bonnie++ is based on the Bonnie hard drive benchmark by Tim Bray.
The most notable features that have been added are support for >2G of
storage and testing operations involving thousands of files in a directory.
This program is used by ReiserFS developers, but can be useful for anyone
who wants to know how fast their hard drive or file system is. It now
includes ZCAV in the package. This program tests the performance of
different zones on the hard drive. ZCAV has been released separately before
but will now only be released as part of the Bonnie++ suite.

Changes: This release adds support for direct I/O.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[008] - Boussinesque + Kinematic Wave Equation Solver 1.0
  by michal kuraz (http://freshmeat.net/users/miguel23/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:46

About: Boussinesque + Kinematic Wave Equation Solver is a rainfall run-off
model based on 1D solution of the Boussinessque equation and kinematic wave
equation. A reservoir approach theory and soil properties are used to
differ between surface run-off and subsurface flow. A catchment is
expressed as an unit plane. A channel subflow is expressed by the channel
elevation above impermeable layer. It is written in the F language, a
subset of FORTRAN.

Changes: This release adds a reservoir approach theory to differ between
surface runoff and subsurface flow.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[009] - Cedar Backup 2.19.2
  by Kenneth J. Pronovici (http://freshmeat.net/users/pronovic/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:46

Software Development :: Libraries :: Python Modules
System :: Archiving :: Backup
Utilities

About: Cedar Backup is a software package designed to manage system
backups for a pool of local and remote machines. Cedar Backup understands
how to back up filesystem data as well as MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
and Subversion repositories. It can also be easily extended to support
other kinds of data sources. Cedar Backup is focused around weekly backups
to a single CD or DVD disc. It supports multisession discs, allowing you to
add incremental data to a disc on a daily basis. Cedar Backup also provides
a Python library of backup-related functionality.

Changes: A bug wit writing the store indicator file when using the
cback-span utility was fixed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[010] - cliPSafe 1.1
  by rpmohn (http://freshmeat.net/users/rpmohn/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:45

Information Management
Security
Utilities

About: cliPSafe is a command line interface (CLI) to Password Safe
databases. cliPSafe only works with version 3 databases and it currently
only operates in read-only mode.

Changes: Headers were added to the 'ls' command output to indicate Groups:
and Entries:.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[011] - Clonezilla 1.2.1-23 (Clonezilla live)
  by Steven (http://freshmeat.net/users/stevenshiau/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:45

System :: Archiving :: Backup
System :: Archiving :: Mirroring

About: Clonezilla is a partition or disk cloning tool similar to Symantec
Ghost. It saves and restores only blocks in use on the hard drive if the
file system is supported. For unsupported file systems, dd is used instead.
It has been used to clone a 5 GB system to 40 clients in about 10 minutes.

Changes: Kernel 2.6.26-11 is used. Some typos were fixed. Two packages,
hexedit and cryptsetup, were added. The serial number of the disk is shown
when saving partitions. The customized Clonezilla Live function was
improved. gpxe 0.9.6 was included. Some minor bugs were fixed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[012] - Clover framework 2.6.0
  by David Pavlis (http://freshmeat.net/users/dpavlis/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:51

Database
Database :: Database Engines/Servers
Information Management

About: CloverETL is Java-based framework for data integration and creation
of data transformations. It is component based and follows the concept of
transformation graphs which consist of individual nodes/components
performing simple (or complex) operations on data. Any transformation can
be defined as a set of interconnected nodes through which data flows.
CloverETL can be used as a standalone application or be embedded into a
larger project.

Changes: This release brings three new transformation components and two
new lookup table types (persisent and Aspell-like). It also fixes several
reported bugs.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[013] - Clue 0.4
  by David Given (http://freshmeat.net/users/dgtaocouk/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 00:32

Software Development :: Compilers

About: Clue is an experimental ANSI C compiler that targets high level
dynamic languages like Lua, JavaScript, Python, and Perl. It is designed to
be very easy to adapt to new targets. It is currently under development and
is more interesting than useful, although it is complete enough to run
several benchmarking tools (including Whetstone).

Changes: This version has been cleaned up considerably, with many minor
bugfixes. In addition, support was added for C and Common Lisp backends.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[014] - Combine 4.001
  by Anders Ardo (http://freshmeat.net/users/anders_a/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:32

Database
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Indexing/Search
Internet :: Z39.50

About: Combine is an open and extensible system for crawling Internet
resources, including harvesting and indexing. It can be used both as a
general and focused crawler. Integration with database systems are provided
in order to make complete vertical search engine generation possible.

Changes: This release is integrated with the Solr enterprise search
server, and can feed records directly to a Solr server. There is also a new
version numbering system that is compatible with CPAN requirements.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[015] - CPPSERV 0.1.117
  by Ilya VE (http://freshmeat.net/users/iluxa/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:54

Internet :: WWW/HTTP
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: HTTP Servers

About: CPPSERV is a Web application server / servlet container that
provides a Servlet-like API to C++. It also contains CSP (C++ Server Pages)
functionality, similar to pre-compiled JSP. It consists of stand-alone
application server and Web server front-ends. Modules for Apache and
lighttpd are available.

Changes: This release fixes a problem with parsing version 1 cookies sent
by browsers.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[016] - dochttx 0.2.3
  by Jakub Wilk (http://freshmeat.net/users/ubanus/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:29

Multimedia :: Video :: Capture

About: dochttx is a simple, text-mode teletext browser.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[017] - Draco 1.2
  by approximatrix (http://freshmeat.net/users/approximatrix/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 00:30

Office/Business
Scientific/Engineering :: Mathematics

About: Draco is an econometrics and statistics package written with ease
of use in mind. The software offers a variety of regressions for
econometric analysis, and data is presented in a familiar, spreadsheet-like
interface. Draco features data plotting and manipulation as well. It
interoperates with common open source formats, including OpenDocument
spreadsheets and Scalable Vector Graphics.

Changes: Unit tests have been added to ensure proper loading/saving of all
possible worksheet components. Unexecuted plugins are no longer erroneously
written to save files. Probit regressions are now loaded from dave files
properly.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[018] - Efax-gtk 3.0.18 (Stable)
  by Chris Vine (http://freshmeat.net/users/cvine/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:30

About: Efax-gtk provides a GUI frontend for the efax fax program. It
interfaces with efax directly, replacing the scripts supplied with efax,
and can be used for receiving and sending faxes, and for viewing, printing,
and managing faxes which have been received and sent. It also has a socket
interface that provides a "virtual printer" for sending faxes from word
processors and similar programs, and can automatically e-mail a received
fax to a designated user and automatically print a received fax.

Changes: Received and sent faxes are printed via cairo, libtiff, and
GtkPrintOperation when efax-gtk is compiled against GTK+ 2.10.0 or later.
Other minor improvements were made.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[019] - Etch 3.3
  by Jason Heiss (http://freshmeat.net/users/jheiss/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:44

System :: Installation/Setup
System :: Systems Administration

About: Etch is a tool for system configuration management. It manages the
configuration files of the operating system and core applications. It is
easy for a professional system administrator to start using, yet is
scalable to large and complex environments.

Changes: Support for a server killswitch was added. A bug in the handling
of setup commands was fixed. They were being run after the etch client
copied and saved the original file, thus defeating the point. Bugs where
scripts being used to decide about links, directories, and deletes returned
no contents, thus indicating no action is to be performed, were fixed. The
server did not handle that properly, sending bogus instructions to the
client which caused the client to abort.

License: MIT/X Consortium License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[020] - EZMorph 1.0.6
  by Andres Almiray (http://freshmeat.net/users/aalmiray/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:52

Software Development :: Libraries :: Java Libraries

About: EZMorph is simple Java library for transforming an Object to
another Object. It supports transformations for primitives, Objects, and
multidimensional arrays, compatibility with JDK 1.3.1, and small memory
footprint (~76K). It began life as the converter package in Json-lib but
became a project on its own.

Changes: MorpherRegistry was made thread-safe.

License: The Apache License 2.0

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[021] - Firewall Builder 3.0.3
  by Vadim Kurland (http://freshmeat.net/users/vkurland/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:52

System :: Networking :: Firewalls

About: Firewall Builder consists of a GUI and set of policy compilers for
various firewall platforms. It helps users maintain a database of objects
and allows policy editing using simple drag-and-drop operations. The GUI
and policy compilers are completely independent, which provides for a
consistent abstract model and the same GUI for different firewall
platforms. It currently supports iptables, ipfilter, ipfw, OpenBSD pf,
Cisco PIX and FWSM, and Cisco routers access lists.

Changes: Problems with storing IPv6 addresses on FreeBSD have been fixed.
GUI stability on operations of copying multiple objects between different
data files has been improved. The parser for Cisco IOS configurations can
now import configurations with a wider range of constructs. Support for
non-ASCII characters in the RCS commit comments has been implemented.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[022] - FrontAccounting 2.0.6
  by FrontAccounting (http://freshmeat.net/users/FrontAccounting/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:42

Office/Business :: Financial :: Accounting

About: FrontAccounting is a Web-based accounting system for ERP chains. It
is multiuser, multilingual, and multicurrency.

Changes: This release fixed problems where low inventory items were not
marked properly, computing of tax was incorrect, invoices weren't set to 0
if out of stock, float values were incorrectly rounded on Windows, where
undate_db forgot to create company folders.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[023] - fsarchiver 0.1.8
  by François Dupoux (http://freshmeat.net/users/fdupoux/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:53

System :: Archiving :: Backup
System :: Filesystems
System :: Recovery Tools

About: fsarchiver is a system tool that allows you to save the contents of
a filesystem to a compressed  archive file. The filesystem can be restored
on a  partition that has a different size, and it can be restored on a
different filesystem. Unlike tar/dar, fsarchiver also creates the
filesystem when it extracts the data to partitions. Everything is
checksummed in the archive in order to protect the data. If the archive is
corrupt, you just lose the current file, not the whole archive.

Changes: Preservation of Reiser4, JFS, and XFS filesystem attributes
(label, UUID, block size) was implemented.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[024] - GeoServer  1.7.1
  by Justin Deoliveira (http://freshmeat.net/users/jdeolive/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:45

Database :: Database Engines/Servers
Internet :: WWW/HTTP
Multimedia :: Graphics

About: GeoServer connects your information to the Geospatial Web. With
GeoServer, you can publish and edit data using open standards. Your
information is made available in a large variety of formats as maps/images
or actual geospatial data. GeoServer's transactional capabilities offer
robust support for shared editing. It supports WFS-T and WMS open protocols
from the OGC to produce JPEG, PNG, SVG, KML/KMZ, GML, PDF, Shapefiles,
GeoRSS, JSON, and more. It is built on the GeoTools2 Java GIS toolkit.

Changes: KML Super Overlay and Regionating support, KML Extrude support,
KML Reflector improvements, a Mac OS X installer, a Dutch translation, an
improved style for the Web admin interface, a new SQL Server DataStore
extension, an improved Oracle DataStore extension, and default templates
per namespace.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[025] - gumnut 0.2.4
  by fooscope (http://freshmeat.net/users/fooscope/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:43

Communications

About: gumnut is a program to find the most supported proposals within
large groups of people. The text or GUI client can create, moderate, and
display proposals over a decentralized communication network (currently
Gnutella). Proposals are text files with a simple naming convention that
uses the filename to describe field attributes (such as topic and
geographical location). Popular proposals are found by searching on one or
more of these fields and then calculating the support for each proposal
based on the number of occurrences on the network.

Changes: Connection and hosts information were added to the bottom of the
GUI options page.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[026] - Help Desk Reloaded 3.6.7
  by helpdesksoftware (http://freshmeat.net/users/helpdesksoftware/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:44

Information Management
Information Management :: Issue Tracking

About: Help Desk Reloaded is a Web-based helpdesk customer support system.
Its users can quickly log help desk tickets, and customer support
representatives can track calls, assign priorities, etc.

Changes: This release adds the search bar back into the navigation system
on all pages. This revision also adds new pre-built reports for more
quickly accessing trouble tickets by user name and a top five most annoying
users report so you can see who is generating the most trouble tickets in
your organization.

License: Free To Use But Restricted

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[027] - J!Research 1.0.1 Stable (Stable)
  by Luis Galárraga (http://freshmeat.net/users/lgalarra/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 21:53

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Site Management
Scientific/Engineering

About: J! Research is a component for Joomla! 1.5 that allows for
management of research-related work such as publications, projects, and
theses categorized by research area.

Changes: A correction for multiple minor bugs, including HTML corrections,
validation for URLs (allowed URLs with port numbers, IP addresses, and HTTP
parameters). Correction of validation for keywords. Translation keys.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[028] - Json-lib 2.2.3
  by Andres Almiray (http://freshmeat.net/users/aalmiray/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:53

Software Development :: Libraries :: Java Libraries

About: JSON-lib is a Java library for transforming beans, maps, and XML to
JSON and back to beans and DynaBeans. The main motivation for this library
is to provide the means to transform data between a server and an AJAX
enabled application using JSON (JavaScript Object Notation), a lightweight
data-interchange format that is easy for both humans and machines to read
and write.

Changes: Some performance and threading issues were fixed.

License: The Apache License 2.0

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[029] - jsSHA 1.11
  by Caligatio (http://freshmeat.net/users/caligatio/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:39

Security :: Cryptography

About: jsSHA is a JavaScript implementation of the complete SHA family of
hashes. It includes SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512

Changes: This release fixes a base-64 encoding issue resulting from a
missing capital 'X'.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[030] - Klavaro 1.1.8
  by Felipe Castro (http://freshmeat.net/users/felipo/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:38

Education :: Computer Aided Instruction (CAI)

About: Klavaro is a touch typing tutor that is very flexible and supports
customizable keyboard layouts. Users can edit and save new or unknown
keyboard layouts, as the basic course provided by the program was designed
to not depend on specific layouts.

Changes: This release adds localization for Bangla and for Vietnamese. It
uses "libcurl" instead of "wget" and "ftp-upload". Users duplication in the
contest rankings is avoided. This release enables font selection at the
introduction part of every tutor module. Some bugs related to loading text
files were fixed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[031] - ksar 5.0.6
  by xavier cherif (http://freshmeat.net/users/xcherif/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:52

System :: Systems Administration

About: ksar is a sar graphing tool that can graph Linux, Mac OS X, AIX,
and Solaris sar output. A sar statistics graph can be output to a PDF file.

Changes: An error shown during parsing was fixed along with a problem with
the update window box. Problems on AIX with using LPAR which encounter
dynamic reconfiguration were fixed.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[032] - Likewise Open 5.0.3934
  by likewiseopen (http://freshmeat.net/users/likewisemktg/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:43

Security
Software Development
System :: Monitoring

About: Likewise Open is an application that joins Linux, Unix, and Mac OS
machines to Microsoft Active Directory and securely authenticates users
with their domain credentials. Features include: joining non-Windows
systems to Active Directory domains in a single step from the command line
or from a GUI; authenticating users with a single user name and password;
enforcing the same password policies for all platforms; supporting multiple
forests with one-way and two-way cross forest trusts; caching credentials
in case your domain controller goes down; and providing single sign-on for
SSH and Putty. It does not require Active Directory schema changes for
installation.

Changes: This release contains fixes to preflight and postflight install
scripts for Mac OS. It will return local computer information more
consistently on Mac OS where the net adapter list gets reordered. It is
possible to batch by id/alias and use batching everywhere.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[033] - LionWiki 2.0
  by Adam Zivner (http://freshmeat.net/users/adamzivner/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:48

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content :: Wiki

About: LionWiki is a minimalist file-based (doesn't need a database),
templatable, extensible wiki engine that works from just one file (30KB).
It supports page history, recent changes, interface localization, password
protection (both writing pages and seeing), and much more through plugins
(CAPTCHA, RSS, syntax for Tables). It's intended for small personal Web
sites, notebooks, and other simple applications. Installation is very easy:
just copy the file and create a directory.

Changes: Support for multilingual content. Edit summary. A subpage (also
known as template) mechanism. Redirects. Pages can be previewed before
saving. New plugins: Upload, Admin, Slimbox, and more.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[034] - Lzip 1.2-rc1 (Development)
  by Antonio Diaz Diaz (http://freshmeat.net/users/ant_diaz/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 00:32

System :: Archiving :: Compression

About: Lzip is a lossless data compressor based on the LZMA algorithm,
with very safe integrity checking and a user interface almost identical to
the one of bzip2. Lzip decompresses almost as fast as gzip and compresses
better than bzip2, which makes it well suited for software distribution.

Changes: Lzdiff, a diff/cmp wrapper for gzip, bzip2, and lzip compressed
files, has been added to the distribution.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[035] - mbootpack 0.6a
  by Tim Deegan (http://freshmeat.net/users/tjd/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:48

System :: Boot
System :: Operating System Kernels

About: mbootpack is a tool that takes a Multiboot kernel and modules (e.g.
a Xen VMM or a xen-linux kernel and initrd), and packages them up as a
single file that looks like a bzImage Linux kernel. The aim is to allow you
to boot Multiboot kernels (specifically, Xen) using bootloaders that don't
support the Multiboot standard (i.e. pretty much anything except GRUB).

Changes: The "-t" flag was added to strip out paths when making module
command-lines. The layout was fixed for kernels that load above 1MB; they
are now loaded at 1MB and relocated at boot time instead of having a lot of
zeroes in the output file. 64-bit compiles were made to work properly.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[036] - mtools 4.0.1
  by Alain (http://freshmeat.net/users/alainknaff/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 00:32

System :: Filesystems
Utilities

About: Mtools is a collection of utilities for accessing MS-DOS disks from
Unix without mounting them. It supports Win95 style long file names, OS/2
Xdf disks, ZIP/JAZ disks, and 2m disks (store up to 1992k on a high density
3 1/2" disk).

Changes: Compilation fixes for Solaris.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[037] - MyOODB 4.0.0.2
  by Thomas  Hazel (http://freshmeat.net/users/thazel/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:49

Database
Internet :: WWW/HTTP

About: MyOODB (My Object-Oriented Database) is an integrated database and
Web environment that provides true distributed objects, implicit/explicit
multi-concurrent nested transactions, seamless Web tunneling, and database
self-healing. MyOODB is one part of a two part SDK solution. Together with
MyOOWEB, MyOOSDK provides a development environment for people who desire
small, fast, but powerful applications.

Changes: This release further moves MyOODB's object oriented database
architecture and features from a propriety data store, to one based on
popular relational databases: H2, MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, and Oracle.
MyOODB still supports its traditional OODB and XDB backing stores, however,
now examples are geared towards demonstrating relational configuration.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[038] - NoMachine NX 3.3.0-1 (Web Companion)
  by NXAdmin (http://freshmeat.net/users/NXAdmin/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:56

Communications
Desktop Environment
Software Development

About: NoMachine NX is a fast terminal server and desktop virtualization
system based on the X11 protocol. NX is an order of magnitude faster than
VNC or X11 and can run on bandwidth as narrow as 10 kBit/sec. In addition,
NX translates and embeds the MS Windows Terminal Server and VNC protocols
into X/NX, enabling users to compress and accelerate remote Windows and VNC
sessions. The NX project provides a suite of libraries and X11 proxying
agents implementing efficient compression and optimized transport of X11,
SMB, IPP, HTTP, and arbitrary protocols like audio and video over the
Internet.

Changes: Debian 64-bit packages are now available. The latest version of
NX Client was included.

License: Other/Proprietary License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[039] - Open Translation Engine 0.9.8.2
  by 2meta (http://freshmeat.net/users/2meta/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:36

Communications
Education
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content

About: Open Translation Engine (OTE) is a Web-based system to enable
community management of translation dictionaries.

Changes: A new error checking system and install option for depreciated
php4/mysql4 systems, plus other minor fixes.

License: BSD License (original)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[040] - phplist 2.10.8 (Stable)
  by Michiel (http://freshmeat.net/users/michiel/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:42

Communications :: Email :: Mailing List Servers
Internet :: WWW/HTTP

About: phplist is a mailing list and newsletter manager that allows
posting via a Web page. It works well when used for announcements, and can
handle very large email address lists. Users can sign up to multiple lists,
but will only receive a single copy of cross-posted messages. When signing
up, users can identify their geographical location, and messages can be
targetted to these. You can add place holders in your email that will be
replaced with personal details (such as the person's name). Users can
update their own information, and unlike many other mailing list systems,
they can change their email address. HTML emails are supported.

Changes: This version fixes a local file include vulnerability. Users are
strongly recommended to upgrade.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[041] - phpMyAdmin 3.1.1
  by phpMyAdmin Devel Team (http://freshmeat.net/users/phpmyadmin/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:46

Database :: Front-Ends
System :: Systems Administration

About: phpMyAdmin is a tool intended to handle the administration of MySQL
over the Web. It can create, rename, and drop databases, create/drop/alter
tables, delete/edit/add fields, execute any SQL statement, manage keys on
fields, create dumps of tables and databases, export/import CSV data, and
administrate one single database and multiple MySQL servers.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[042] - PTRANS 1.0
  by Paul Sheer (http://freshmeat.net/users/psheer/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:52

Multimedia :: Graphics
Printing

About: PTRANS reads P5 and P6 (PGM, PPM, PNM) files, and performs
Floyd-Steinberg dithering and scaling while only holding two scanlines of
image data at a time. It can be used on gigapixel images while only
consuming a small amount of RAM. It outputs P4 (PBM) dithered monochrome
bitmap and P5 (PGM) grayscale images. It performs pixel interpolation and
smoothing. Gamma correction and contrast curves may be set from the command
line.

License: Other/Proprietary License with Source

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[043] - pws 0.3.1 (Unstable)
  by Timo Benk (http://freshmeat.net/users/tbenk/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:49

About: pws aims to be a fully compatible passwordsafe implementation. The
heart of the project is libpws, a general library for reading and writing
passwordsafe compatible files. Currently, passwordsafe files format v2 and
passwordsafe files format v3.2 are supported. The other part of the project
is pws, a Qt-based GUI built around libpws which aims to be an easy-to-use
but powerful passwordsafe implementation.

Changes: The password database is now searchable. There is support for
system tray icons. Databases can be merged in addition to importing, and
pws supports passwordsafe style *.plk lock files. Several bugs were fixed.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[044] - Rover 3.0b
  by Bryan Bueter (http://freshmeat.net/users/babueter/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:31

System :: Systems Administration

About: Rover provides a means of executing commands on remote machines via
SSH, Telnet, or Rlogin. Connections are made and then managed using the
Expect for Perl module. Rover can process many hosts in parallel. It comes
with two interface programs, rover and rovergtk. The first is a commandline
tool with a built-in shell and batching capabilities; the other uses a Gtk
interface to configure and use Rover.

Changes: This release provides a new OO method of calling Rover. Two
interfaces are provided: rover and rovergtk, a command line and a GTK 2
interface respectively. Rover can execute complex commands compiled in
rulesets, or quick one-time commands, all in parallel using threads on top
of Perl.

License: Artistic License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[045] - Scarry On Line 1.0
  by Lele Gaifax (http://freshmeat.net/users/lelegaifax/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:28

Games/Entertainment

About: Scarry On Line is a Web application that allows easy management of
Carrom tourneys. It is fully localizable, although currently only English
and Italian messages and documentation are provided.

Changes: This is the production quality release, after three official
tests. It features a few other printouts and a new way to associate matches
with boards.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[046] - ShoutSend 1.02
  by Sebastian Zagrodzki (http://freshmeat.net/users/zagrodzki/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:35

Multimedia :: Sound/Audio

About: ShoutSend is a simple streaming client for ShoutCast/IceCast
servers. It takes an audio data stream from standard input (in MP3 or Ogg
format) and without any processing sends it along with some metadata (like
stream description) to a streaming server.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[047] - Simple Groupware 0.430
  by Thomas Bley (http://freshmeat.net/users/simplegroupware/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 00:28

Communications
Information Management
Office/Business

About: Simple Groupware is a complete enterprise application offering
email, calendaring, contacts, tasks, document management, synchronization
with cell phones and Outlook, full-text search, and much more. Simple
Groupware combines standards like RSS, iCalendar, vCard, IMAP, POP3, SMTP,
CIFS, CSV, WebDAV, LDAP, and SyncML under one platform. Unlike other
groupware software, Simple Groupware contains the programming language
sgsML to enable the quick customization and creation of powerful Web
applications.

Changes: Support for using SQLite with Simple Groupware was added. A Greek
translation was added. Performance was optimized for cut, copy, and paste
operations. The SQL console was extended to show full texts instead of
shortened values. Libraries, components, and the PmWiki engine were updated
to the latest versions. The validation for project and department names was
changed to match the convention for group names. JPEG was added as an
extension for images (next to jpg). A fix was applied to the Oracle setup.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[048] - Socklib 1.0.5
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:40

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Socklib is a C library that provides a selection of socket
functions.

Changes: The read and write functions have been rewritten, as errors were
found due to the code assuming data types, and that write will always send
the complete buffer. Thus, a buffered write was added.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[049] - Strfunc Library 1.0.1
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 00:34

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Strfunc is a C library that contains a collection of string based
functions.

Changes: This release introduces logging via the logfile library and a
small amount of code cleanup.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[050] - Talend Open Profiler 1.1.2
  by S. Correia (http://freshmeat.net/users/scorreia/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:29

Database :: Front-Ends
Information Management :: Metadata/Semantic Models
Information Management :: Records Management

About: Talend Open Profiler (TOP) helps you to profile your data. TOP's
ergonomic interface allows you to define metrics (indicators) and collect
statistics on your data in a few clicks. It comes with a set of regular
expressions that helps you to identify bad data. You can create your own
regular expressions and use them in data profiling analyses. A lot of
options exist for each indicator, which change the behavior of the
indicator so that it gives you more pertinent information. Data quality
options on indicators alert you when your data quality is not what you
expected.

Changes: Several minor issues with patterns were fixed. PK and indices are
retrieved in connection analysis. Quartiles computation was enhanced.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[051] - TCExam 7.0.007
  by Nicola Asuni (http://freshmeat.net/users/nicolaasuni/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:30

Education :: Testing

About: TCExam is Web-based assessment software for generating and managing
online tests and exams. It simplifies the exam cycle, including generation,
execution, evaluation, presentation, and archiving.

Changes: This version contains TCPDF library improvements and updated
languages.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[052] - tcp_proxy 1.0.3
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:45

Utilities

About: tcp_proxy is a simple TCP port/socket proxy/redirection
application. It requires both libsocklib and libgll. It is capable of
handling both SSL and non-SSL traffic.

Changes: The code is now using a cleaned-up version of buffer I/O from the
new release of libsocklib. This removes some errors when handling
applications trying to use TELOPT codes, etc.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[053] - TestLink 1.8 RC2
  by Martin Havlat (http://freshmeat.net/users/havlatm/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:31

Software Development :: Quality Assurance
Software Development :: Testing

About: TestLink is a testcase management and execution tracking system
built using PHP, MySQL, and several other open source tools. It is a tool
that helps streamline the software development process. It enables quality
assurance teams to create and manage their test cases and organize them
into test plans. These test plans allow team members to execute test cases
and track test results dynamically.

Changes: This build is focused on usability and stability of new features.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[054] - The Digital Seed Vault dev-20081209
  by Myckel Habets (http://freshmeat.net/users/Myckel/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:35

Scientific/Engineering :: Bioinformatics

About: The Digital Seed Vault is a Web-based seed stock database mainly
developed for researchers in the plant sciences. It can also be used by
people who handle a lot of different seeds, e.g. garden enthusiasts, seed
breeders, or seed producers.

Changes: This version fixes many broken include errors, and contains a
slightly improved user management screen and a small Web-based backup
utility.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[055] - The Tiny Multi Agent Platform 6.4
  by sgalland (http://freshmeat.net/users/sgalland/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 18:47

Education
Scientific/Engineering :: Artificial Intelligence
Software Development :: Libraries :: Java Libraries

About: tinyMAS is a multiagent platform that provides base concepts (such
as kernel, message, yellow pages, white pages, and transport service) and
extended concepts (such as environment, influence, and perception). It aims
to provide an easy-to-understand and and easy-to-use platform dedicated for
multiagent engineer/research courses.

Changes: In previous versions, the kernel always uses the localhost as its
IP address. It avoids using multiple kernels on a network. This problem is
fixed by detecting the first non-loopback IPv4 address.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[056] - Ubuntu Privacy Remix 8.04_r1
  by Andreas (http://freshmeat.net/users/aheinlein/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 13:48

Office/Business
Security :: Cryptography
System :: Operating System :: Linux Distributions :: CD-Based

About: Ubuntu Privacy Remix is a modified live CD based on Ubuntu Linux.
UPR is not intended for permanent installation on a hard disk. The goal of
Ubuntu Privacy Remix is to provide an isolated working environment where
private data can be dealt with safely. The system installed on the computer
running UPR remains untouched. It does this by removing support for network
devices as well as local hard disks. Ubuntu Privacy Remix includes
TrueCrypt and GnuPG for encryption and introduces "extended TrueCrypt
volumes".

Changes: The ability to mount arrays on certain hardware RAID controllers
was removed. The kernel was updated to 2.6.24-22.45. Ubuntu packages were
updated as of Dec 3rd, 2008. Minor bugs were fixed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[057] - YaketyStats 2.1
  by teamdowntime (http://freshmeat.net/users/teamdowntime/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:33

About: YaketyStats is a tool for gathering and graphing statistics about
your Unix/Linux systems. It has an intuitive, AJAX-powered Web interface
for graphing data. Graphs are built on the fly, can contain stats from
multiple systems, and include "Google Maps"-like dragging. YaketyStats is
easy to install, maintain, and extend. It supports Firefox and is built on
Perl, PHP, and RRDtool.

Changes: This release can draw prediction lines using RRDtool's Least
Squares Line function. Other Jart improvements include a preferences
system, more informative graph legends, performance improvements, and
bugfixes. All YS plugins now honor an ignore file. New plugins have been
added and bugs have been squashed in existing ones. This release comes with
a simple wrapper for Munin plugins that puts data into the YaketyStats
system.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[058] - ZenMagick 0.9.3
  by DerManoMann (http://freshmeat.net/users/DerManoMann/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 10:54

About: ZenMagick is an alternative frontend for Zen Cart-based e-commerce
applications. It provides database access to virtually all data relevant to
templates (and more) via an object-oriented API.  It also includes an
alternative theme system that offers superior separation of application
code and custom HTML. A flexible plugin architecture allows you to easily
extend and add functionality without the need to modify existing code.

Changes: Four new themes based on free XHTML templates were released.
Templates (and hence the themes) are released under a Creative Commons
Attribution License.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[059] - Zina 2.0beta1
  by Ryan (http://freshmeat.net/users/pancake/)
  Tue, Dec 9th 2008 23:31

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: Players :: MP3

About: Zina is a graphical interface to your MP3 collection, a personal
jukebox, a Podcaster, and an MP3 streamer. It can run alone, be embedded
into an existing Web site, or be used as a module in Drupal, Joomla,
Wordpress, Xoops, and others.

Changes: This is the first beta release of the 2.0 series. It adds sort
options on search results and fixes some minor bugs.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)