List:       freshmeat-news
Subject:    [fm-news] Newsletter for Monday, December 08th 2008
From:       The freshmeat daily newsletter <freshmeat-news () lists ! freshmeat ! net>
Date:       2008-12-09 0:10:03

> > > L I N K S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :::

Today's news on the web: http://freshmeat.net/daily/2008/12/08/
freshmeat.net newsgroup: news:///fm.announce

---- --  ..--...----- -----..---  .----  . . -. .-.. --.--.-----.

> > > A D V E R T I S I N G :::

Perforce SCM: Versions and manages

Install Perforce in less than 10 min. and get your projects under source
control.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;206902539;13503038;y?http://www.sourceforge.net/powerbar/perforce/?referrer=sfnews

- --   -. -. -.- ---.--.--.- .-    --- -----   -.--. -  -  .--- .

> > > R E L E A S E   H E A D L I N E S (74) :::

[001] - amarok remote 20081207
[002] - Asbru Web Content Management 6.9.2
[003] - Back In Time 0.8.14
[004] - Botan 1.8.0 (Stable)
[005] - Complemento 0.4
[006] - Cooperation IWS 0.7.0
[007] - crosstool-NG 1.3.1
[008] - Ctalk 0.0.90a rc1
[009] - DataFinder 1.2.0
[010] - DBIx::Perlish 0.50
[011] - DBsight 2.0.6
[012] - Dojo Toolkit 1.2.3 (Release)
[013] - DOMjudge 2.2.3
[014] - DynaStop 08333.1634-491
[015] - eric4 4.2.4a
[016] - FEST-Swing 1.0rc
[017] - findutils 4.5.3 (Development)
[018] - Generic Linked Lists Library 1.0.2
[019] - Generic PHP Plugins 0.90
[020] - GrabCartoons 2.4
[021] - Hash Library 1.0.1
[022] - Hastymail 2 RC 2 (Development)
[023] - History Library 1.0.1
[024] - HTML Extractor 1.0
[025] - Iphone Web App Builder 0.1
[026] - Ipt-netflow 1.4
[027] - Java Serialization to XML 2.2.7.0
[028] - JFormDesigner 4.0.2
[029] - JOpt.ASP 2.2.7
[030] - JOrtho 0.4
[031] - libburnia libburn/cdrskin 0.5.8
[032] - LordsAWar! 0.1.4
[033] - Measuring Buffer 20081207
[034] - ncmpc 0.12
[035] - nmaven 0.17
[036] - ObexTool 0.34
[037] - odf-converter-integrator 0.2.1
[038] - ora2pg 4.10
[039] - PacketFence 1.7.5
[040] - PacketFence ZEN 1.7.5
[041] - pam_mount module 1.5
[042] - phpW2ML 0.8
[043] - Poliqarp 1.3.2 (Development)
[044] - pppd-sql 0.4.0
[045] - pyAwale 0.3.8
[046] - queXF 1.6.0
[047] - queXS 0.9.4
[048] - Rally 0.4.92
[049] - Remote HellaNZB GUI 0.8
[050] - RSyntaxTextArea 1.1
[051] - rsyslog 4.1.2 (Development)
[052] - RText 0.9.9.7
[053] - Scheduler Library 1.0.1
[054] - Seed7 2008-12-08
[055] - Socklib 1.0.3
[056] - SQLObject 0.9.9 (Old stable)
[057] - SQLObject 0.10.4 (Stable)
[058] - Stackbuf Library 1.0.1
[059] - Swig Starter Kit 0.0.3
[060] - sysstat for Solaris 20081207
[061] - Talend Open Studio 2.4.4
[062] - TCPDF 4.4.000 (PHP5)
[063] - TEA for Linux 21.0.4
[064] - TM++ 0.9.47
[065] - TurnKey PostgreSQL appliance 2008.12.04-hardy-x86
[066] - TuxWordSmith 0.6.7
[067] - V_Sim 3.4.2 (Stable)
[068] - What's Wrong With My NLP? 0.1.3
[069] - wiipdf 1.1
[070] - WireframeSketcher 1.0.3
[071] - WorldForge::Ember 0.5.5
[072] - Xtwitter 0.5
[073] - Xuheki 0.1
[074] - Y.A.P.R.M. 0.6.5

-- -.----.-- ---.-- --- ..----.-  .- --.---.-.----.-.--.. -. ---

> > > R E L E A S E   D E T A I L S :::

[001] - amarok remote 20081207
  by Asim Shankar (http://freshmeat.net/users/asimshankar/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 03:05

Desktop Environment :: K Desktop Environment (KDE)
Multimedia :: Sound/Audio

About: amarok remote is a server to remotely control Amarok from a Web
browser.

Changes: A new UI.

License: Freely Distributable

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[002] - Asbru Web Content Management 6.9.2
  by Asbru Ltd (http://freshmeat.net/users/vejrum/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:46

Internet
Internet :: WWW/HTTP
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content

About: Asbru Web Content Management is an easy-to-use and inexpensive Web
content management system. It runs on most major Web platform operating
systems, databases, Web servers, and scripting languages. It is available
in three editions: Personal (for individuals), Professional (for
organizations), and Hosting (for Web hosting service providers).

Changes: This release improves the handling of file and image upload. This
release also fixes an administrator limit problem in the Small Business
Edition and Small Business Suite on ASP.

License: Other/Proprietary License with Source

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[003] - Back In Time 0.8.14
  by Dan (http://freshmeat.net/users/danleweb/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 02:58

System :: Archiving :: Backup
Utilities

About: Back In Time is a simple backup system for the GNOME desktop
inspired by the "flyback project" and "TimeVault". The backup is done by
taking snapshots of a specified set of directories. All you have to do is
configure: where to save snapshot, what directories to backup, and when a
backup should be done (manually, every hour, every day, every week, or
every month). It acts as a "user mode" backup system. This means that you
can backup and restore only folders to which you have write access.

Changes: This release adds more command line parameters (--version,
--snapshots, and --help ). It fixes a crash when getting info on dead
symbolic links. When taking a new backup based on the previous one, the
previous extra info (e.g. name) is not copied. Unsafe links are copied when
taking a snapshot.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[004] - Botan 1.8.0 (Stable)
  by Jack Lloyd (http://freshmeat.net/users/randombit/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:15

Scientific/Engineering :: Mathematics
Security :: Cryptography
Software Development :: Libraries

About: Botan is a C++ library of cryptographic algorithms, including AES,
DES, SHA-1, RSA, DSA, Diffie-Hellman, and many others. It also supports
X.509 certificates and CRLs, and PKCS #10 certificate requests, and has a
high level filter/pipe message processing system. The library is easily
portable to most systems and compilers, and includes a substantial tutorial
and API reference.

Changes: This is the first release of the new stable tree. New algorithms
now available include ECDSA and ECDH, SHA-224, Salsa20, CBC-MAC, Noekeon,
and the SSLv3/TLSv1 PRF and MAC functions. Card Verifiable Certificates,
used in ePassports, were also added. IPv4 addresses are now supported in
X.509 alternative name extensions. DSA keys larger than 1024 bits can now
be created. 1.8 also features the benefits of roughly two years worth of
effort in optimizing key algorithms and cleaning up the codebase.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[005] - Complemento 0.4
  by crossbower (http://freshmeat.net/users/crossbower/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 19:06

Security
System :: Networking

About: Complemento is a collection of tools for penetration testing.
LetDown is a TCP floder written after reading the Fyodor article "TCP
Resource Exhaustion and Botched Disclosure". Reverse raider is a domain
scanner that uses brute force wordlist scanning for finding a target's
subdomains or reverse resolution for a range of IPs. Httsquash is an HTTP
server scanner, banner grabber, and data retriever. It can be used for
scanning large ranges of IPs for finding devices or HTTP servers.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[006] - Cooperation IWS 0.7.0
  by Oliv (http://freshmeat.net/users/oliv76/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 15:33

Education
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Site Management
System :: Operating System :: Linux Distributions :: CD-Based

About: Cooperation IWS is an Intranet Nomad Web Server. It is a Web server
to provide hosting services for Web applications for collaborative work
that contributes to knowledge management and knowledge engineering.
Cooperation-iws servers are available in sixteen flavors divided into two
groups: the standalone servers and the intranet system of servers.

Changes: A multilanguage feature was added to all the applications that
have an international community. Cooperation-iws now speaks European,
American, Middle Eastern, and Asian languages. All the Web applications
were upgraded to latest available releases. The operating system was
upgraded to Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex release Desktop Live CD. A netbook release
was added.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[007] - crosstool-NG 1.3.1
  by Yann E. MORIN (http://freshmeat.net/users/integrator/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 21:45

Software Development
Software Development :: Compilers
Software Development :: Embedded Systems

About: crosstool-NG is a versatile toolchain generator, aiming at being
highly configurable. It supports multiple target architectures, different
components (glibc/uClibc...) and versions. crosstool-NG also features
debugging utilities (DUMA, strace...) and generation tools (sstrip...).

Changes: The build and host tuples are correctly made canonical. Lines in
the log file are no truncated when ending with an 'n'.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[008] - Ctalk 0.0.90a rc1
  by thx1132 (http://freshmeat.net/users/kiesling3/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 03:07

Software Development :: Interpreters
Software Development :: Libraries

About: Ctalk provides object oriented programming features, like classes,
methods, operator overloading, and inheritance to otherwise standard C
programs. You can use only a few objects and classes in a program, or you
can write programs entirely in Ctalk. The package provides a translator
from Ctalk source code into C for compilation and a library that provides
run-time support for class objects. The preprocessor, ctpp, is also
available separately, and the package includes sample programs and
documentation.

Changes: This release adds the ANSITerminalStream class that provides
basic terminal capabilities for xterms and compatible terminals, other
library API and expression analysis improvements, and bug and compatibility
fixes.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[009] - DataFinder 1.2.0
  by Andreas Schreiber (http://freshmeat.net/users/aschreiber/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 13:02

Scientific/Engineering

About: The DataFinder is a lightweight application software for managing
technical and scientific data. It was developed to manage large amounts of
data, and allows data to be stored using a number of different storage
interfaces (e.g. WebDAV, FTP, GridFTP, SRB, OpenAFS, or TSM). The structure
of the data and descriptive metadata are stored in XML format on the
central server and can be edited using the standardized WebDAV protocol.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[010] - DBIx::Perlish 0.50
  by Grrrr (http://freshmeat.net/users/Grrrr/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:58

About: The DBIx::Perlish module provides the ability to work with
databases supported by the DBI module using Perl's own syntax for the four
most common operations: SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, and INSERT. By using
DBIx::Perlish, you can write most of your database queries using a
domain-specific language with Perl syntax. However, the module is not
intended to replace all use of SQL in your program. The DBIx::Perlish
module quite intentionally neither implements nor cares about database
administration tasks like schema design and management.

Changes: A bug in multiple joins introduced in 0.48 was fixed. The docs
were changed to reflect established best practices.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[011] - DBsight 2.0.6
  by Chris (http://freshmeat.net/users/chrislusf/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:13

Database
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Indexing/Search

About: DBSight is a J2EE search platform for instant scalable full-text
search on any relational database, for both beginners and experts. It
features a built-in database crawler following user-defined SQL,
incremental indexing, user-controllable result ranking, the ability to
return results with highlights (like Google), and categorized result counts
(like Amazon). It can easily integrate with other languages with
XML/JSON/HTML. There is a UI for all operations, so no Java coding is
necessary. Deleted or updated records in database can be synchronized also.

Changes: This release adds multiple scheduling for the same index. It
includes counting integer zeros for facet searching. It improves numeric
facet search by adding open-ended ranges. A bug related to reading float
numbers into integers has been fixed. Caching has been added for multi-row
queries. Batching has been added for multi-row queries.

License: Free for non-commercial use

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[012] - Dojo Toolkit 1.2.3 (Release)
  by Peter Higgins (http://freshmeat.net/users/dantehicks/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 15:03

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Browsers
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Software Development :: Libraries

About: Dojo is a cross-browser AJAX/DHTML toolkit for building dynamic Web
UIs. Dojo includes a rich-text editing component, an aspect-oriented event
system, rich drag-and-drop support, a rapid-prototyping framework for
building new widgets, and a full-featured abstraction for XmlHTTP I/O. In
short, it's a very fast way to build Web interfaces.

Changes: Critical, but low-risk, bugs were fixed. One critical ContentPane
regression was addressed. i18n bundles were updated. DnD fixes were made.
Other minor test fixes and changes were made. A safe migration path for the
1.2 branch is offered. Neither 1.2.1 or 1.2.2 are published to the various
CDNs, and 1.2.3 is expected to be the last dot-release on the 1.2 codebase.

License: Academic Free License (AFL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[013] - DOMjudge 2.2.3
  by Thijs Kinkhorst (http://freshmeat.net/users/kinkhorst/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 19:06

Other/Nonlisted Topic
Software Development :: Testing

About: DOMjudge is an automated judgement system to run programming
contests. It provides a mechanism to submit problem solutions and
interfaces for teams, the jury, and the general public. It is lightweight,
and depends on standard software to do its task. It has a Web interface for
portability and simplicity. It is scalable, so distributed judging is easy.
There is a modular system for plugging in languages and compilers. It
features rejudging, clarifications, and detailed submission/judging info.

Changes: This is a maintenance release containing an accumulation of
bugfixes.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[014] - DynaStop 08333.1634-491
  by BpMatthias (http://freshmeat.net/users/BpMatthias/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:52

Communications :: Email
Communications :: Email :: Filters
Internet

About: DynaStop is a utility to examine IPv4 based addresses for Exim and
procmail for the purpose of filtering based upon patterns defined by the
administrator. This can be a pivotal factor in email filtering and server
load management, since dynamic IP addresses are typically used for dial-up,
DHCP, and DSL accounts. All of which have a designated mail exchange server
through which all outbound mail flows as defined with many, if not most,
large Internet service providers.

Changes: The following example configuration files were updated:
BleedingThreats, WhiteList, VirusList, and UnsubList.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[015] - eric4 4.2.4a
  by Detlev Offenbach (http://freshmeat.net/users/detlev/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 02:53

Software Development

About: Eric4 is a Python IDE written using PyQt4 and QScintilla2. It has
integrated project management capabilities with class browsing functions,
gives developers an unlimited number of editors with syntax highlighting
and code folding, an integrated Python shell, an integrated Python
debugger, a file system browser with class browsing capabilities for Python
files, and more. Eric4 is the successor of the well known eric3 development
environment.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[016] - FEST-Swing 1.0rc
  by Alex Ruiz (http://freshmeat.net/users/alruiz15/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 21:45

Software Development :: Testing
Software Development :: User Interfaces

About: FEST-Swing is a Java library that provides a fluent interface for
functional Swing GUI testing. It provides an easy-to-use, DSL-oriented API
that makes creation and maintenance of GUI tests easy. It can be used with
JUnit and TestNG.

Changes: Support for verifying that Swing applications respect Swing's
threading rules (EDT access.) Many bugfixes.

License: The Apache License 2.0

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[017] - findutils 4.5.3 (Development)
  by James Youngman (http://freshmeat.net/users/jyoungman/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:20

System :: Systems Administration

About: The findutils package consists of three programs. "find" is a
program which searches a directory tree to find a file or group of files.
It walks the directory tree and reports all occurrences of a file matching
the user's specifications. "locate" scans one or more databases of
filenames and displays any matches. "xargs" builds and executes command
lines by gathering together arguments it reads on the standard input. Most
often, these arguments are lists of file names generated by "find".

Changes: Changes to gnulib's fts code should provide performance
improvements in find when processing very large directories. File type
information is also passed back from fts to find, saving calls to the stat
system call for find command lines which don't need the stat information.
This provides a performance improvement for common cases like "find . -type
d".

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[018] - Generic Linked Lists Library 1.0.2
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:03

Software Development :: Libraries

About: GLL (Generic Linked Lists) is a C library that provides generic
linked list support.

Changes: Code cleanup, and changes forced by changes in liblogfile.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[019] - Generic PHP Plugins 0.90
  by milky (http://freshmeat.net/users/milky/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:21

About: Generic PHP Plugins allows you to use a fast config.php script as
storage for application settings. It can non-destructively edit this
configuration script (unlike PEAR::Config), and add variables or plugin
by relying on an SQL or XML configuration store, while the config.php
remains human-editable at the same time. By using the PHP plugin standard,
this scheme is also application agnostic.

Changes: Some documentation fixes were made. An additional library adds
support for editing plain INI files instead of the PHP config script. Using
an INI config file is no more secure than a config.php script, and is
therefore not recommended; it is just meant as an example.

License: Public Domain

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[020] - GrabCartoons 2.4
  by ZZamboni (http://freshmeat.net/users/zamboni/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:51

About: GrabCartoons is yet another comic-grabbing utility. It is modular,
and it is very easy to write modules for new comics. To avoid depriving the
comic Web sites from their hits, grabcartoons does not download a copy of
the images, but only generates a page with links to them.

Changes: This release adds the capability to define templates, which
define how to fetch any comics from a given site. This release also adds
the StartRegex and EndRegex fields to comic definitions, and expanded
SubstOnRegexResult to allow for multiple and global substitutions. This
release also adds an option to fetch random comics (--random).
Additionally, this release includes many module updates and fixes, and one
new module for "Savage Chickens" (http://savagechickens.com/).

License: BSD License (original)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[021] - Hash Library 1.0.1
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:57

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Hash is a C library that provides a selection of hash based
functions.

Changes: Logging via the logfile library was added.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[022] - Hastymail 2 RC 2 (Development)
  by jason munro (http://freshmeat.net/users/sailfrog/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:14

Communications :: Email :: Post-Office :: IMAP

About: Hastymail is a full featured IMAP/SMTP client written in PHP. The
goal is a full featured yet lightweight Web mail client. After a complete
review and rewrite, it provides many improvements over the original code
including optional AJAX functionality, improved code organization, a plugin
API, CSS and PHP template themes, and much more.

Changes: This release contains many updates, including fixes to multi-byte
character support, better folder handling for UW IMAP, plugin API
improvements, and many other fixes and corrections throughout the code and
documentation. It includes 3 new plugins: message filtering, logging, and
compose page warnings.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[023] - History Library 1.0.1
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 18:57

Software Development :: Libraries

About: History is a C library that provides functions for retaining
histories.

Changes: This release introduces logging via the logfile library.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[024] - HTML Extractor 1.0
  by dror (http://freshmeat.net/users/drorgo/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:50

About: HTML Extractor is a PHP class that can fetch any HTML content from
a page given a Tag ID or index. The extracted data includes complex nested
blocks.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[025] - Iphone Web App Builder 0.1
  by avatarinteractive (http://freshmeat.net/users/avatarinteractive/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:16

About: Iphone Web App Builder is a content management system for building
an iPhone Web site. It is installed on a Web host, and provides a system
for creating menu items and uploading pictures and other content for pages.
The upload system automatically resizes uploaded images to thumbnails and
small, medium, and original sizes. After you create your menu items and
content, the system will display a Web site that is formatted for use with
an iPhone. The system also enables you to create content in several
languages.

License: Free To Use But Restricted

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[026] - Ipt-netflow 1.4
  by ABC (http://freshmeat.net/users/aabc/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:54

Internet
System :: Networking
System :: Networking :: Monitoring

About: Ipt-netflow is very fast and effective Netflow exporting module for
Linux kernel. It is designed for a Linux router with heavy network load.
This netfilter/iptables module adds support for the -j NETFLOW target. It
does not use conntrack for performance reasons.

Changes: This release is compatible with kernel 2.6.18. A configure script
was added. Statistics were improved. Some fixes were made for 64-bit
platforms. Minor performance tune up was done.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[027] - Java Serialization to XML 2.2.7.0
  by Brendan Macmillan (http://freshmeat.net/users/yow/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:24

Communications
Database
Software Development

About: Java Serialization to XML (JSX) translates between Java and XML,
making it possible to search, test, profile, and audit your object data
with ordinary XML and text processing tools. Your data can be migrated to
new application versions, to C++, and to other applications by transforming
the XML. Unlike other Java XML serializers, JSX is accurate for all
objects.

Changes: This release fixes a bug that affected Enums. The bug occurred in
recent releases of Java 1.6 (starting from JDK 1.6.0_07, and confirmed in
JDK 1.6.0_10).

License: Other/Proprietary License with Free Trial

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[028] - JFormDesigner 4.0.2
  by Karl Tauber (http://freshmeat.net/users/ktauber/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 21:52

Software Development
Software Development :: User Interfaces

About: JFormDesigner is an advanced GUI designer for Swing user
interfaces. It is easy and intuitive to use and provides a lot of powerful
features. JFormDesigner fully supports JGoodies FormLayout, TableLayout,
GridBagLayout, and other standard layout managers. The advanced
GridBagLayout support allows the specification of horizontal and vertical
gaps (as in TableLayout), which makes designing a form with consistent gaps
using GridBagLayout much easier.

Changes: This release adds GroupLayout constraints properties for
"horizontal/vertical size/resizable", adds an option "Encoding" to "Code
Style" preferences (stand-alone edition), and supports IntelliJ IDEA 8.0.
It also fixes bugs in the GroupLayout (Free Design) support and other
areas.

License: Other/Proprietary License with Free Trial

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[029] - JOpt.ASP 2.2.7
  by dnaevolutions (http://freshmeat.net/users/dnaevolutions/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 03:13

Scientific/Engineering :: Mathematics
Software Development :: Libraries

About: JOpt.ASP is a consistent advancement of JOpt.NET that exposes the
unique JOpt vehicle routing capabilities via standard HTTP/SOAP interfaces.
JOpt.ASP has been designed for enterprise applications and Web-based
solutions that are based on ASP.NET. JOpt.ASP provides its optimization
facilities through a stateful Web service that comes with a comfortable
programming interface that is very similar to JOpt.NET.

Changes: The assisted mode has become the default case. The algorithm has
been improved to address a broad range of problem types, and the
optimization now always starts with a construction algorithm to create
initial solutions. The initial solution is subsequently improved by a
second algorithm. Timewindow support has been added to the mixed fleet
construction algorithm.

License: Other/Proprietary License with Free Trial

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[030] - JOrtho 0.4
  by i-net software (http://freshmeat.net/users/vberlin/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:25

Software Development :: Libraries :: Java Libraries
Text Editors :: Word Processors
Text Processing

About: JOrtho is a spell checker for Java. The library works with any
JTextComponent from the Swing framework and checks as you type. The
dictionary is based on the free Wiktionary.org, and is applicable for
multiple languages. You can select the spell checking language via a
context menu. The Features of JOrtho are the highlighting of potentially
wrongly spelled words, a context menu with suggestions for correct forms of
the word, and a context menu with option to change the checking language.
At the moment there are five languages for spell checking available:
English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian.

Changes: Pressing ENTER and creating a new paragraph was not handled
correctly by the highlighter. Email addresses and Web addresses will be
ignored. The options IgnoreCapitalization, IgnoreAllCapsWords, and
IgnoreWordsWithNumbers were added. Translations for Czech, Polish, and
Slovak were added. A memory leak in SpellChecker.createLanguagesMenu() was
fixed. The spell checker dialog position is set relative to the visible
rectangle and not the bounds rectangle. A possible IllegalArgumentException
which could occur with the context menu if the mouse pointer was not on a
valid position was fixed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[031] - libburnia libburn/cdrskin 0.5.8
  by scdbackup (http://freshmeat.net/users/scdbackup/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:25

Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: CD Audio :: CD Writing
Software Development :: Libraries
System :: Archiving :: Backup

About: libburnia is a project comprised of libraries and binaries for
reading, mastering, and writing optical discs. It provides libburn, a
CD/DVD/BD burn library, libisofs, a manipulation library for ISO 9660
filesystems, and libisoburn, a ISO 9660 multi-session library. On top of
them there is cdrskin, a cdrecord emulator, and xorriso, a all-in-one
application for ISO 9660 multi-session operations which additionaly
provides a limited emulation of mkisofs.

Changes: This release fixes a memory fault with unusual CD
tables-of-contents. A different default format type is used for blank
BD-RE.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[032] - LordsAWar! 0.1.4
  by Ben Asselstine (http://freshmeat.net/users/benbenben1/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 13:00

About: LordsAWar! is a turn-based strategy game where up to 8 players
strive for control of as many cities as possible. New armies can be
produced in cities to conquer nearby cities to gain more income to make
more armies to take more cities. You can also send a hero to a temple to
get a quest or maybe search a nearby ruin instead.

Changes: New road, bridge, and signpost imagery was added. Roads now fade
out at their ends, instead of ending abruptly. Bridges are now connected
with roads on randomly generated maps. A log of the hero's activities is
now displayed in the hero information dialog. Bigger explosions for city
battles were added. The shortest path algorithm was fixed to consider boat
quests and dead heroes were fixed. A bug with changing players from human
to computer was fixed. A bug in which vectored units did not show up was
fixed.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[033] - Measuring Buffer 20081207
  by Thomas Maier-Komor (http://freshmeat.net/users/komor/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:15

System :: Archiving
System :: Networking

About: Measuring Buffer is an enhanced version of buffer. It features
display of throughput, memory-mapped file I/O for huge buffers, network
support, and multithreading.

Changes: More intelligent TCP buffer tuning plus an undocumented option to
manually set the TCP buffer size. Fixes several typos, and fixes for some
message formatting issues.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[034] - ncmpc 0.12
  by Max Kellermann (http://freshmeat.net/users/mkellermann/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:49

Multimedia :: Sound/Audio :: Players

About: ncmpc is a curses client for the Music Player Daemon (MPD). ncmpc
connects to a MPD running on a machine on the local network, and controls
it with an interface inspired by cplay.

Changes: A tag and song browser and an experimental lyrics screen were
added. Full support for Unicode and wide characters was added. Memory usage
was optimized. Lots of bugs were fixed. Support for LIRC was added.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[035] - nmaven 0.17
  by sisbell (http://freshmeat.net/users/sisbell/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:23

Software Development :: Build Tools

About: NMaven provides Maven plugins to support the building of .NET
applications.

Changes: Features for this release include compiling C# projects, signing,
and multiple archetypes.

License: The Apache License 2.0

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[036] - ObexTool 0.34
  by Gerhard Reithofer (http://freshmeat.net/users/exgerhardr/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 12:58

Communications :: Telephony
Utilities

About: ObexTool is a graphical frontend for ObexFTP, which is able to
communicate with mobiles and other devices using the Obex Protocol. The
Siemens S45, S45i, S25, S35, SL45i, SL45, M50, C55, S55, C65, C65V,
Ericsson R320, T68i, Sony/Ericsson T300, Ki700, and Nokia 6230 and 6670
have been reported to work with obexftp, though it should also work with
other phones.

Changes: The download directory may now be selected. A default download
directory can be set. The config,root_slash parameter was added. A pipe
error which occurred if there was a space in a pathname was fixed. Icon
symlinks were removed. Polish language files were added. A new
configuration command line parameter (--setconf) was added.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[037] - odf-converter-integrator 0.2.1
  by Andrew Ziem (http://freshmeat.net/users/andrewziem/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:12

Office/Business :: Office Suites

About: odf-converter-integrator is an easy way to open Microsoft Office
2007 files (also called Office Open XML, OOXML, .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx)
with a high-quality conversion on any Linux or Windows system in any
ODF-compatible version of OpenOffice.org, StarOffice, Abiword, Gnumeric, or
KOffice.

Changes: Support for Microsoft Office 2007 templates (.dotx, .xltx, and
potx). Increased translation accuracy for all formats. Support for files
in read-only locations. Various bugfixes.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[038] - ora2pg 4.10
  by Gilles DAROLD (http://freshmeat.net/users/darold/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 18:58

Database

About: Ora2Pg is a Perl module to export an Oracle database schema to a
PostgreSQL compatible schema. It connects your Oracle database, extracts
its structure, and generates an SQL script that you can load into your
PostgreSQL database. It dumps the database schema (tables, views,
sequences, indexes, grants) with primary, unique, and foreign keys into
PostgreSQL syntax without editing the SQL code generated. It also dump
Oracle data into PostgreSQL DB as online process or into a file. You can
choose what columns can be exported for each table.

Changes: This release adds the ability to extract the views structure as a
table schema and to export data from a view as if it were a table. It also
fixes missing replacement of table names on disable triggers.

License: Perl License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[039] - PacketFence 1.7.5
  by Regis Balzard (http://freshmeat.net/users/rbalzard/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 15:35

System :: Networking

About: PacketFence is a network access control (NAC) system. It is
actively maintained and has been deployed in numerous large-scale
institutions. It can be used to effectively secure networks, from small to
very large heterogeneous networks. PacketFence provides NAC-oriented
features such as registration of new network devices, detection of abnormal
network activities including from remote snort sensors, isolation of
problematic devices, remediation through a captive portal, and
registration-based and scheduled vulnerability scans.

Changes: This release adds support for the following switches: Enterasys
SecureStack C2, Cisco Controller 4400, and 3COM SS4500.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[040] - PacketFence ZEN 1.7.5
  by Regis Balzard (http://freshmeat.net/users/rbalzard/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 16:05

System :: Networking

About: PacketFence Zero Effort NAC (ZEN) is a network access control (NAC)
system. It supports registration of new network devices, detection of
abnormal network activities, isolation of problematic devices, remediation
through a captive portal, registration-based and scheduled vulnerability
scans, VLAN isolation with VoIP support (even in heterogeneous
environments) for multiple switch vendors, support for 802.1X through a
FreeRADIUS module, wireless integration with FreeRADIUS, DHCP
fingerprinting, and more. It consists of a fully installed and
preconfigured version of PacketFence inside a VMWare image.

Changes: This release adds support for the stacked Nortel BayStack 5520,
Enterasys SecureStack C2, Cisco Controller 4400, and 3COM SS4500.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[041] - pam_mount module 1.5
  by Jan Engelhardt (http://freshmeat.net/users/jengelh/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:16

System :: Filesystems
System :: Networking
System :: Operating System

About: pam_mount is a Pluggable Authentication Module that can mount
volumes for a user session upon login, using the same passwords as for
login. It supports any filesystem your kernel is capable of, including
FUSE, SMB/CIFS, various crypto types, and more.

Changes: mount.crypt supports the fsck mount option again.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[042] - phpW2ML 0.8
  by Marc Mongenet (http://freshmeat.net/users/mmo/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 15:04

Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: Dynamic Content
Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: HTTP Servers
Text Processing :: Markup :: XML

About: PhpW2ML is a W2ML (Web 2 Markup Language) processor written in PHP
5. W2ML extends XHTML with markup for context-sensitive, WYSIWYG, online
editing of Web pages. The phpW2ML processor is distributed with a
JavaScript editor, and with W2ML files demonstrating W2ML applications.

Changes: This release adds support for markup of users and groups. It is
now possible to restrict read or write access on an element basis for
visitors or groups of visitors.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[043] - Poliqarp 1.3.2 (Development)
  by Jakub Wilk (http://freshmeat.net/users/ubanus/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 21:43

Text Processing :: Indexing
Text Processing :: Linguistic

About: Poliqarp is a universal suite of utilities for processing large
corpora. It includes a concordancer that works on binary corpora compiled
for efficient searching and a corpus builder. It supports positional
tagsets, ambiguities in the texts, and Unicode.

Changes: This release lifts limitations on corpora sizes: it should be
possible to build and process any reasonable corpus up to 2G segments.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[044] - pppd-sql 0.4.0
  by Maik Broemme (http://freshmeat.net/users/babyface/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 02:53

Communications
Software Development :: Libraries
System :: Networking

About: pppd-sql is a plugin for the Point-to-Point server (pppd) on Linux
and Solaris that adds an authentication backend using a MySQL or PostgreSQL
database for the Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) and
Password Authentication Protocol (PAP). It supports MS-CHAPv1 and MS-CHAPv2
too. The IPCP negotiation after authentication handshake is also supported.
pppd-sql supports a flexible configuration scheme, has built-in failover
functionality (no load-balancing), and comes with easy and handy
documentation.

Changes: This version adds support for encrypted password storage inside
the database. The current supported one-way hashes are MD5 and the UNIX
crypt(). The current supported symmetric cipher is AES-128.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[045] - pyAwale 0.3.8
  by klnavarro (http://freshmeat.net/users/klnavarro/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 03:07

Games/Entertainment :: Puzzle Games

About: pyAwale is a pure Python implementation of the Ivory Coast rules
for Awale. Awale is a game of great antiquity, and has been played around
the world in various forms for millenia. It is a member of the mancala
family of board games.

Changes: Decreased CPU usage.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[046] - queXF 1.6.0
  by Adam Zammit (DCARF) (http://freshmeat.net/users/azammitdcarf/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:07

Office/Business
Scientific/Engineering

About: queXF (pronounced kweks-eff) takes scanned paper forms generated
using queXML and reads them. Operators can then verify that queXF has read
the form correctly. Once this is done, the data collected can be exported
in a fixed width ASCII file with a DDI data description. queXF can be used
as an alternative to programs such as Cardiff Teleform and Remark OMR, in
some situations. It removes the need to manually enter form data, therefore
reducing error and fatigue. It does OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) on each
form to determine if boxes have been filled, and can use Tesseract OCR to
determine what characters have been entered into boxes.

Changes: A page layout tool (pagesetup.php) has been added to make
configuring queXF for your page layout easier. It is now possible to
"watch" a directory on the Web server for new PDF files, which will be
processed by queXF when they appear. Importing documents now uses less
memory, as only one page will be resident at a time.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[047] - queXS 0.9.4
  by Adam Zammit (DCARF) (http://freshmeat.net/users/azammitdcarf/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:08

Office/Business :: Scheduling

About: queXS (pronounced kweks-ess) is a Web based CATI (computer assisted
telephone interviewing) system. queXS integrates with queXML for creating
questionnaires, LimeSurvey for collecting data, and Asterisk for VoIP
telephony. queXS can be used to operate outbound telephone research
centers.

Changes: queXS can now "watch" the Asterisk server from the browser,
allowing for VoIP integration to be achieved without running anything from
the command line.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[048] - Rally 0.4.92
  by Maxim Udushlivy (http://freshmeat.net/users/maxim_udushlivy/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:57

Desktop Environment :: Tools
System :: Installation/Setup
System :: Software Distribution Tools

About: Rally is a software component with a user interface which allows
you to install, update, and remove packages on RPM based operating systems.
Primary functions (downloading software packages from network repositories
and their installation) may be performed in parallel, giving a vast
performance boost in many typical situations. The user interface is split
into two independent parts: a graphical one and a command line utility. The
graphical interface contains package searching and category browsing
functions. Rally assumes the Fedora project as a reference platform.

Changes: Many changes were made to the CLI utility. During removals and
updates, both multi-architectures are now processed if a concrete is not
specified. Detailed resolver report outputting was implemented with lists
of skipped and excluded packages. A Non-interactive operating mode was
added. The ability to create a report with a list of updates was added. The
GUI now informs the user about skipped local packages. The "OS Upgrade"
function was renamed to "OS Modernization".

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[049] - Remote HellaNZB GUI 0.8
  by NothernLights (http://freshmeat.net/users/NorthernLights/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 21:45

Communications :: Usenet News

About: Remote HellaNZB GUI is a small GTK+ application to control your
HellaNZB daemon. It's well integrated into your desktop. In a few clicks,
you can manage your remote (or local) queue: add NZB files from your
computer or from their newzbin.com ID, set priorities, see the progress of
your downloads, etc. Unlike other similar projects, this one can truly add
NZB files from your computer to your remote daemon; to do so, it copies
them through SSH. For Remote HellaNZB GUI to work you need a running
HellaNZB daemon; it does not configure it for you.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[050] - RSyntaxTextArea 1.1
  by Robert Futrell (http://freshmeat.net/users/Robert_Futrell/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:10

Software Development
Software Development :: Libraries :: Java Libraries

About: RSyntaxTextArea is a syntax highlighting text editor. It has
support for over 20 programming languages and is completely customizable.
By extending JTextComponent, it easily integrates into any Swing
application and provides an easy way to add syntax highlighting to a
program.

Changes: A new TextEditorPane class now extends RSyntaxTextArea and
provides common editing features: loading and saving files, managing dirty
state, etc. Remote files can be loaded and saved via FTP. Ruby and makefile
highlighting were also added.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[051] - rsyslog 4.1.2 (Development)
  by Rainer Gerhards (http://freshmeat.net/users/rgerhards/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:47

System :: Logging

About: Rsyslog is an enhanced multi-threaded syslogd. Among others, it
offers support for on-demand disk buffering, reliable syslog over TCP, SSL,
TLS, and RELP, writing to databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and many
more), email alerting, fully configurable output formats (including
high-precision timestamps), the ability to filter on any part of the syslog
message, on-the-wire message compression, and the ability to convert text
files to syslog. It is a drop-in replacement for stock syslogd and able to
work with the same configuration file syntax.

Changes: Most importantly, this release fixes a security issue that
enabled non-permitted remote systems to send syslog messages to rsyslogd.
Also, some compile problems on FreeBSD have been solved and some
documentation problems been corrected. This is a highly recommended update
for all users of the devel branch.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[052] - RText 0.9.9.7
  by Robert Futrell (http://freshmeat.net/users/Robert_Futrell/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 05:11

Software Development
Software Development :: User Interfaces
Text Editors

About: RText is a fully customizable programmer's text editor. Some of its
features include syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once,
printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo,
and online help.

Changes: Opening and saving remote files via FTP has been added, as well
as Ruby and Makefile syntax highlighting. Hyperlinks are recognized and
clickable in the editor. Other minor feature enhancements.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[053] - Scheduler Library 1.0.1
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 18:57

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Scheduler is a C library that provides function execution based on
time, in the style of cron or at.

Changes: This release introduces logging via the logfile library.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[054] - Seed7 2008-12-08
  by Thomas Mertes (http://freshmeat.net/users/thomas_mertes/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:52

Software Development :: Compilers
Software Development :: Interpreters

About: Seed7 is a general purpose programming language. It is a higher
level language compared to Ada, C++, and Java. In Seed7, new statements and
operators can be declared easily. Functions with type results and type
parameters are more elegant than a template or generics concept. Object
orientation is used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious. Although Seed7 contains several concepts of
other programming languages, it is generally not considered as a direct
descendant of any other programming language.

Changes: A new chapter about the Seed7 structured syntax definition was
added to the manual. The chapter about declarations in the manual was
improved. The function getValueOfHeaderAttribute was added to the
scanstri.s7i library. The seed7_05.s7i library was improved to support case
statements for the type boolean. The wiz.sd7 example program was improved.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[055] - Socklib 1.0.3
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 19:01

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Socklib is a C library that provides a selection of socket
functions.

Changes: This release introduces logging via the logfile library and has
some general code cleanup.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[056] - SQLObject 0.9.9 (Old stable)
  by Oleg Broytmann (http://freshmeat.net/users/phd/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 19:13

Database
Software Development
Software Development :: Libraries

About: SQLObject is an object-relational mapper, i.e., a library that will
wrap your database tables in Python classes, and your rows in Python
instances. It currently supports MySQL through the 'MySQLdb' package,
PostgreSQL through the 'psycopg' package, SQLite, Firebird, MaxDB (SAP DB),
MS SQL, and Sybase. It should support Python versions back to 2.2.

Changes: Backported from the trunk: under MySQL, the connection's
dbEncoding is used instead of ASCII when converting a Unicode value from
Python to the database for a StringCol. createSQL constrains generation has
been fixed under MySQL when the table's name includes the database's name
(contains a dot).

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[057] - SQLObject 0.10.4 (Stable)
  by Oleg Broytmann (http://freshmeat.net/users/phd/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 19:13

Database
Software Development
Software Development :: Libraries

About: SQLObject is an object-relational mapper, i.e., a library that will
wrap your database tables in Python classes, and your rows in Python
instances. It currently supports MySQL through the 'MySQLdb' package,
PostgreSQL through the 'psycopg' package, SQLite, Firebird, MaxDB (SAP DB),
MS SQL, and Sybase. It should support Python versions back to 2.2.

Changes: createSQL constrains generation has been fixed under MySQL when
the table's name includes the database's name (contains a dot).

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[058] - Stackbuf Library 1.0.1
  by Tim Gurney (http://freshmeat.net/users/offswn/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 21:42

Software Development :: Libraries

About: Stackbuf is a C library that provides a stack-implemented buffer
which can be used for temporary storage, processing, or string formatting.

Changes: This release introduces logging via the logfile library and has a
small amount of code cleanup.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[059] - Swig Starter Kit 0.0.3
  by Jason Turner (http://freshmeat.net/users/lefticus/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 03:03

Software Development

About: Swig Starter Kit provides a simple set of examples for integrating
C++ and various scripting languages using SWIG.

Changes: This release adds support for Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, and C#
module building.

License: MIT/X Consortium License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[060] - sysstat for Solaris 20081207
  by Thomas Maier-Komor (http://freshmeat.net/users/komor/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 03:08

System :: Monitoring
System :: Networking :: Monitoring
System :: Systems Administration

About: sysstat complements Solaris' system tools for performance analysis.
It presents all key performance metrics on a VT100 terminal and has the
possibility to toggle its view between different hosts.

Changes: ZFS pool statistics should display capacity instead of size. Some
issues with default options and options passing have been fixed. A possible
transient formatting error in user stats has been fixed.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[061] - Talend Open Studio 2.4.4
  by Pierrick LE GALL (http://freshmeat.net/users/z0rglub_pierrick/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:49

Database :: Front-Ends
Software Development :: Code Generators

About: Talend Open Studio is an ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) tool.
Talend Open Studio can perform jobs that range from datawarehouse feeding
to database synchronization, as well as file format transformations. Its
graphical interface is made with Eclipse RCP, and data related scripts are
generated in Perl or Java. The application was designed to be extended with
components written by users.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[062] - TCPDF 4.4.000 (PHP5)
  by Nicola Asuni (http://freshmeat.net/users/nicolaasuni/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 03:01

Software Development :: Libraries :: PHP Classes
Text Processing

About: TCPDF is a PHP class for generating PDF documents without requiring
external extensions. TCPDF supports all ISO page formats and custom page
formats, custom margins and units of measure, UTF-8 Unicode, RTL languages,
HTML, barcodes, TrueTypeUnicode, TrueType, OpenType, Type1, and CID-0
fonts, images, graphic functions, clipping, bookmarks, JavaScript, forms,
page compression, and encryption.

Changes: This version includes support for file attachments and important
improvements in font handling.

License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[063] - TEA for Linux 21.0.4
  by roxton (http://freshmeat.net/users/roxton/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:59

Text Editors
Text Processing
Text Processing :: Markup :: HTML/XHTML

About: TEA is a modest and easy-to-use GTK+2-based editor with many useful
features for HTML editing. It features a small footprint, a tabbed layout
engine, support for multiple encodings, code snippets, templates,
customizable hotkeys, an "open at cursor" function for HTML files and
images, miscellaneous HTML tools, preview in external browser, string
manipulation functions, SRT subtitles editing, Morse-code tools, bookmarks,
syntax highlighting, and drag-and-drop support.

Changes: The Pascal highlighting has been fixed. Some other fixes were
done.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[064] - TM++ 0.9.47
  by Inge Henriksen (http://freshmeat.net/users/ihenriksen/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 04:46

Database :: Database Engines/Servers
Software Development :: Libraries
Text Processing :: Markup :: XML

About: TM++ is an embedded, portable, persistent Topic Maps engine. It is
designed to work according to the ISO standards for TMDM 1.0 and XTM
1.0/2.0 on Windows and most POSIX-compliant operating systems like Unix and
Linux. It has interfaces for C++, ALLEGROCL, CHICKEN, CLISP, CFFI, C#,
Guile, Java, Lua, Modula 3, Mzscheme, Ocaml, Octave, Perl, PHP4, PHP5,
Pike, Python, R (aka GNU S), Ruby, Lisp S-Expressions, Tcl, Common
Lisp/UFFI, and XML.

Changes: This release fixes some issues with SWIG that were introduced
with 0.9.46.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[065] - TurnKey PostgreSQL appliance 2008.12.04-hardy-x86
  by liraz (http://freshmeat.net/users/zaril/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:53

Database
Database :: Database Engines/Servers
Database :: Front-Ends

About: TurnKey PostgreSQL appliance is an easy-to-use, lightweight,
installable live CD of the PostgreSQL relational database engine. It can
run on real hardware in addition to most types of virtual machines. It
features a Mac OS X-themed Web management interface and a Python
configuration and installation console. It is based on Ubuntu 8.04.1 Hardy
LTS, and is designed to provide users with a pre-integrated, automatically
updated, turn-key operating system environment that is carefully built from
the ground up with the minimum components needed to run PostgreSQL with
maximum usability, efficiency, and security.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[066] - TuxWordSmith 0.6.7
  by Charles B. Cosse (http://freshmeat.net/users/asymptopia/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 14:14

Games/Entertainment :: Puzzle Games

About: TuxWordSmith is similar to the classic word game "Scrabble", but
with Unicode support for multiple languages and character sets. The game is
currently distributed with 42 dictionary resources for playing
Language[i]-Language[j] "Scrabble". For example, if configured to use the
French-German dictionary, then the distribution of available tiles will be
computed based on frequency of occurrence of each character of Language[i]
(French), and, for each submission, the corresponding definition will be
given in Language[j] (German).

Changes: A bug where a tile dropped on an existing one was permanently
"absorbed" was fixed. The default throwback behavior was changed. Invalid
moves are no longer thrown back. Throwback is done via a keyboard shortcut
(F7). The program launcher's name was changed from "TuxMathScrabble" to
"tuxmathscrabble". The default included dictionaries are Merriam-Webster
English Dictionary, French-English, Spanish-English. Biographical and
geographical names are filtered out.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[067] - V_Sim 3.4.2 (Stable)
  by Damien Caliste (http://freshmeat.net/users/dcaliste/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 19:14

Scientific/Engineering :: Physics
Scientific/Engineering :: Visualization

About: V_Sim visualizes atomic structures such as crystals, grain
boundaries, molecules, and so on It can work with files either in binary
format or in plain text format. The rendering is done in pseudo-3D with
colored spheres to represent the atoms. The user can interact through many
functions to choose the view, the size of the atoms, their color, the
background color, the type of fog, and more. Moreover, V_Sim allows you to
export the view as images in GIF, PS, and other formats.

Changes: This is a bug correction version. It corrects a buffer overflow
in the ASCII file parser, and corrects some cases of rendering
disappearance and some parsing issues with the configuration files.

License: The CeCILL License

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[068] - What's Wrong With My NLP? 0.1.3
  by Sebastian (http://freshmeat.net/users/riedelcastro/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 18:56

Scientific/Engineering :: Artificial Intelligence

About: What's Wrong With My NLP? is visualizer and graphical diff for
natural language processing problems. It can jointly display syntactic and
semantic dependencies as well as all types of chunk information such as NP,
NER, or SRL chunks. It also allows you to compare your system output to a
gold standard in order to find the mistakes your system makes. There are
numerous ways to filter the graph and only display what is needed. It is
also possible to search a corpus for sentences with certain properties
using Lucene search expressions.

Changes: This version provides a few minor enhancements, in particular for
users not on Mac OS: the main canvas background is set to be white on all
OSs, closing the main window quits the application, and the file menu has a
"quit" menu item.

License: GNU General Public License v2

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[069] - wiipdf 1.1
  by sECuRE (http://freshmeat.net/users/sECuRE6/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 19:14

Utilities

About: wiipdf is a tiny tool to present a PDF using xpdf and your Wiimote.
You start it by providing it the bluetooth ID of your Wiimote (use hcitool
scan to get it) and the path to the PDF you want to present. wiipdf then
tries to connect to your  Wiimote (press buttons 1 and 2 at the sime time
on your Wiimote to enter discoverable mode). As soon as the connection is
established (usually 3-4 seconds), wiipdf launches xpdf with the given
filename. You can now press A or B on your Wiimote to go forward or
backward one slide. Pressing the home button ends the presentation. Each
keypress is confirmed by a short rumble.

Changes: Filenames with spaces are now handled correctly.

License: BSD License (revised)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[070] - WireframeSketcher 1.0.3
  by Peter Severin (http://freshmeat.net/users/peterps/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 03:09

Desktop Environment :: Tools
Multimedia :: Graphics
Software Development :: User Interfaces

About: WireframeSketcher is an Eclipse plug-in for creating wireframes,
screen mockups, and UI prototypes.

Changes: This release fixes Ctrl-Drag to preserve the Z-order of copied
widgets. It enables font properties for the Link widget.

License: Other/Proprietary License with Free Trial

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[071] - WorldForge::Ember 0.5.5
  by Erik Hjortsberg (http://freshmeat.net/users/erikhjortsberg/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 03:04

Games/Entertainment :: Multi-User Dungeons (MUD)
Games/Entertainment :: Role-Playing

About: Ember is a 3d client for the WorldForge project. It uses the Ogre
3d graphics library for presentation and CEGUI for its GUI system.

Changes: This release introduces a new combined minimap and compass
widget, many improvements to the entity creator, and an upgrade to the
cutting edge Ogre 1.6 3d library.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[072] - Xtwitter 0.5
  by Tsukasa Hamano (http://freshmeat.net/users/hamano/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 21:52

About: Xtwitter is very tiny twitter client for the X Window System.

Changes: This release adds a new popup method that uses libnotify.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[073] - Xuheki 0.1
  by Mihai Bazon (http://freshmeat.net/users/mbazon/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 13:01

Communications :: Email
Communications :: Email :: Email Clients (MUA)

About: Xuheki is a fully featured email (IMAP) client for the Web. It
looks and feels like an application rather than a Web site. It is fast,
clean, and features no page reloads. It supports multiple users per
installment, multiple IMAP servers per user, and multiple folders per IMAP
server. It also supports text or HTML email, attachments, inline images,
printing, and more. It has an "AJAX" interface that could compete with
desktop-based mail user agents.

License: GNU General Public License v3

                        - %  - %  - % - % -

[074] - Y.A.P.R.M. 0.6.5
  by Alil (http://freshmeat.net/users/Alil/)
  Mon, Dec 8th 2008 21:43

Artistic Software
Multimedia :: Graphics :: 3D Modeling

About: Y.A.P.R.M. (Yet Another POV-Ray Modeller) is a powerful  modeller
designed to seamlessly interact with the POV-Ray ray tracing renderer.

Changes: The main features of this release are a new viewport the 3d View,
inline object editing, and the use of a new 3D file import library. The 3D
View viewport lets you freely position the camera, and therefore easily
watch your scene from different sides. A helpful tool is that the current
viewing position can be assigned to the active camera. With this version,
its now finally possible to do inline editing of objects. In order to
increase the possible number of 3D file formats importable into Y.A.P.R.M.,
this release has moved to the Open Asset Import Library.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)