List:       freetype
Subject:    Re: FreeType question
From:       Juliusz Chroboczek <jec () dcs ! ed ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-03-24 22:41:54

FA> Thank you for this information as I am intererested in the Pascal
FA> version. Unfortunately, this latest version does not include
FA> important API functions like TT_Get_CharMap.

I'd like you to note that FreeType does not use callbacks
(i.e. functions or function pointers passed as parameters to
functions).  Any half-decent language implementation on any
half-decent platform should allow calling out to C and access to C
data-structures.

It should not be difficult to create a set of FreeType bindings for
your implementation of Pascal, and link your application with the C
version of FreeType.  I would estimate it at around two hours work,
assuming that you have no automatic tools to help you.  (If you do
this, please contribute your binding back to FreeType.)

Your other option, of course, is to implement TT_Get_CharMap in the
Pascal version, as this is not a complicated function.

                                        J.