List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] Re: Unicode
From:       Nick Gorham <nick () lurcher ! org>
Date:       2001-06-09 19:15:52

vorlon@netexpress.net wrote:

> "Don't break anything" certainly applies to existing APIs that are defined to
> return (char *).  Are there other APIs defined (perhaps by Microsoft) that
> will return UCS2 (or wchar_t *)?  If not, perhaps FreeTDS should be leading
> the way...

The ODBC 3.51 Unicode API uses UCS2.

The MS SQL Server ODBC driver only deals with UCS2 Unicode, and leaves it to the
driver manager to convert to 8 bit for non unicode apps. AFAIK it does this by
loosing the 8 MSB's

--
Nick Gorham
When I die, I want to go like my grandfather did, gently while sleeping,

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [freetds@progressive-comp.com]