List:       freetds
Subject:    RE: [freetds] ODBC unit tests "funccall" and "transaction"
From:       "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK () bernstein ! com>
Date:       2004-01-09 20:34:04

Testing independently with unixODBC-2.2.7:

$ grep FAIL nohup.out
FAIL: t0003
FAIL: funccall
FAIL: tables
FAIL: moreandcount
FAIL: earlybind

Freddy, I don't understand.  Is this a problem with unixODBC-2.2.7 that they
have to fix, or a problem with FreeTDS?  Do we have to fix our code, or
write workarounds to their implementation, or just wait for their next
version?

It's OK with me if we ship 0.62 with the caveat: "Works with unixODBC-2.2.6
and not with unixODBC-2.2.7.  For unixODBC-2.2.7 support, wait for
unixODBC-2.2.8 (or, wait for FreeTDS 0.62.1 or 0.63)."

Most important is to be clear with the user about what he can expect.  Tell
me what I should say.

--jkl

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and \
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named \
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for \
delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, \
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are \
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and \
destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not accept account \
orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for \
carrying out such orders and/or instructions.