List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] ODBC unit tests "funccall" and "transaction"
From:       Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 () tin ! it>
Date:       2004-01-08 23:17:37

Il gio, 2004-01-08 alle 23:05, Lowden, James K ha scritto:
> [...]

I installed and tested unixODBC 2.0.4. No core, only transaction fails
(funccall pass). However it fail cause it do not detect that cursor is
close after a SQLEndTran (as documented in specifications)... I put a
workaround however it's a unixODBC bug... unixODBC try to follow more
deeply MS DM and store state however is more complex and error-prone. I
follow unixODBC and I must say Nick do a very good job. I got however a
lot of warning compiling with 2.0.4 cause it assume handles == int and
sizeof(handle) == sizeof(void*) !!! So using a 64bit platform this
version is ugly and no-working... It would fine if we can test with
2.2.6 (or 2.2.7) and report problems. If it's a FreeTDS we should be
able to fix (cause it works on 32bit platforms), if it's a unixODBC
problem we should document such issue in UG...

freddy77