List:       freetds
Subject:    Re: [freetds] problems configuring..
From:       Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 () tin ! it>
Date:       2003-02-26 6:57:19

Il mer, 2003-02-26 alle 06:30, James K. Lowden ha scritto:
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:46:35 -0800, Peter Harvey
> <pharvey@codebydesign.com> wrote:
> > I can update the unixODBC section if you want - let me know.
>
> Your contributions would be welcome anytime, Peter.  Probably easiest is
> to let Freddy and me rearrange things, then you can applify/correct our
> New & Improved version.

I check index and seem good.
However I don't know sgml/docbook very  well... I'm not able to code
such think, I can write some help but not sections and similar. I saw
time ago a docbook split in parts. Is possible to split our doc?

Perhaps is better:
  Building
    Common stuff (make sense?)
    unixODBC
    iODBC
  Installing
    by rpm, by source
    odbcinst.ini (here or in configure?)
  Configuring
    File used, where...

> > > $ isql -v server user password
> > > [unixODBC]Client unable to establish connection
> > > [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
> >
> > In theory more information should be coming back from ODBC. I have to
> > wonder if the driver simply fails to return details or if the ODBC
> > subsystem is losing it? Is the ODBC driver providing details?
>
> I know Freddy has been working on the error message subsystem.  We should
> at least get connection failure messages out to the caller.  If you notice
> something missing, I'll at least add it to the TODO.  I'm not so much
> interested in ODBC 3.0 compliance (or whatever), but I do think it should
> be possible to use our ODBC driver without joining the mailing list.

Error I return is "Client unable to establish connection". I can't be
more specific cause tds_connect do not return any suitable information
on type of error (just success or fail), so on fail I return above
string and SQL_ERROR, on success I return SQL_SUCCESS...

freddy77