List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] Re: dsnless
From:       Sven_Köhler <skoehler () upb ! de>
Date:       2002-10-13 20:59:04

> Before continue with params problem I intend to implement dsnless in
> odbc and be able to not use freetds.conf. The big deal is tds_connect.
> tds_connect accept a TDSLOGIN and then retrieve configuration option
> from freetds.conf using login info. For supporting all configuration in
> odbc.ini tds_connect should accept TDSCONFIGINFO instead of TDSLOGIN.
>
> In such way I can fill a TDSCONFIGINFO from odbc with all needed options
> and do a connect without use the freetds.conf.

Do i need a freetds.conf when using ODBC?
Any option which applies to a server should be abled to be within the
ODBC-DSN.

I would also recomm, to extend the ODBC-chapter of the manual, because i
could not find any good/complete list of paramters that i can specifiy
in my odbc.ini or DSN-file
(or am i just to dump to find it?)

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [freetds@progressive-comp.com]