List:       freetds
Subject:    [freetds] Re: More ODBC driver documentation desired
From:       Peter Harvey <pharvey () codebydesign ! com>
Date:       2002-02-05 0:07:49

> freeodbc.org looks dormant, the binary is seg. faulting with FreeTDS
> 0.53, and source code is not available. What's up?

That was always a funny thing... they never released the source for
their driver. Anyway....

> I am trying to use the FreeTDS driver with OpenLDAP's back-sql (which
> allows part of the DIT to be in an SQL server through ODBC) and
> UnixODBC. However, back-sql is complaining:
> backsql_get_db_conn(): first call -- reading schema map

My guess is that you are in need of some catalog querying functionality
in the ODBC driver. Unfortunately most of those functions are currently
just empty stubs.

> Which driver manager do you FreeTDS developers favor? From production
> standpoint, which driver manager and drivers are less problematic? Thanks.

I use unixODBC and it works great... but I have to admit I am a bit bias
considering my history with the unixODBC project. At any rate I can
offer help on using FreeTDS ODBC and unixODBC... but not iODBC.

Peter

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [freetds@progressive-comp.com]