List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    Re: Need some help configuring freeradius - openssl problem (EAP)
From:       Madhusudan Singh <chhabra () eecs ! umich ! edu>
Date:       2003-08-31 2:56:05

Hi

    I did that, and found that the correct set of options to use were
(note the openssl options) :

     ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freeradius
--with-mcrypt=/usr/local/lib/libmcrypt/
--with-mhash=/usr/local/lib/libmhash/ --with-ltdl-lib=/usr/lib
--with-gnu-ld --with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/ssl/include/
--with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/ssl/lib/

    Now I get :

checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking for DH_new in -lcrypto... yes
checking for SSL_new in -lssl... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for openssl/err.h... no
checking for openssl/rand.h... no
checking for openssl/engine.h... no
configure: warning: silently not building rlm_eap_tls.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tls requires:  libssl.

and
checking for DES_cbc_encrypt in -lcrypto... no
checking for des_cbc_encrypt in -lcrypto... no
configure: warning: silently not building rlm_x99_token.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_x99_token requires:  des_cbc_encrypt.

The contents of /usr/local/ssl/lib :

libcrypto.a  libssl.a  pkgconfig

The contents of /usr/local/ssl/includes/openssl :
engine.h, err.h rand.h among other things. Which makes some of the
messages above look absolutely nonsensical.

While the existence of libcrypto is being detected, it seems that it
does not have support for des_cbc_encrypt cipher. Which is strange
because I did not disable any ciphers during installation of openssl.

libssl is not being detected at all. Btw, could it be related to shared
vs static libraries ?

I will start editing Makefile by hand as a last resort, but wish to fix
the configure script for you :)

Thanks,

MS