List:       freeradius-users
Subject:    quick cistron to freeradius migration question
From:       Andrew Pilley <ashridah () bordernet ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-12-30 9:19:18

Hi. i'm currently in the process of migrating a cistron radiusd which is
inappropriately configured to a freeradius server using mysql. I've run
into a slight issue i haven't been able to find documentation on in
cistron or freeradius's documentation.

we have a number of existing users in the /etc/raddb/users file, who
have entries like

username	Password = "password"
	attributes = stuff,

my question is about the use of '=' for the Password entry. is that a
special entry which is used as a "check" attribute, or is the '='
signifying (as in freeradius) that that is a "reply" attribute?

If it's a check, i need to crypt() those password from the users file
(no problems for me there). however, if it's being used as a reply, i'm
guessing the lack of Auth-Type = System would make the login fail.

Am i correct in my assumptions?

Thanks

Andrew Pilley