List:       freeradius-devel
Subject:    Re: clients.conf
From:       R W C <wade () xwin ! net>
Date:       2002-08-25 17:05:59

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, Alan DeKok wrote:

> R W C <wade@xwin.net> wrote:
> > I looked in clients.conf, and it says its experimental and I should use
> > clients, rather interesting...so which is it :).
>
>   Then you looked in a really old version of the server.  The current
> one says to use clients.conf.

My server is pretty current CVS (2 days old) that I am running, and at
futher inspection clients.conf no longer says experimental, I think it
might have said that in the code I was moving my sql drivers from now that
I think about it.

> > Anyway I put my info just in clients.conf that normally are in clients and naslist.
> > Perhaps I should still use naslist even though clients.conf appears to do
> > both?
>
>   For now, yes.

Ah ok, and so I will use that.  I see that other code like radrelay.c uses
the shortname entry in clients.conf, so I will put it both places until I
know its needed in only one.

> > IP and names and passes have been changed to protect the innocent and
> > myself...Any ideas why it might not be picking up the shortname?
>
>   'radlast' is a shell script wrapper around 'last', which doesn't
> know anything about RADIUS, or it's configuration files.

True, I should have said the code that creates radwtmp as apposed to
radlast.

> > Which is entirely what I was expecting.  So it looks like either
> > clients.conf is not complete, or its my useage of it on or the other . . .
>
>   The 'naslist' functionality hasn't been fully integrated into
> 'clients.conf'.  Patches are welcome.

Understood.  I might just do that if I can understand the code in that
area and figure out the standard method of reading said info.  Or is that
done on a module specific level.  At any rate I will look into it a bit
more.

>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html