List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    [FreeNX-kNX] freenx is dead !
From:       cedric briner <work () infomaniak ! ch>
Date:       2007-10-31 7:49:08

hello,

Sorry for the title, but I do not know how to do to see you reacting.
But I'm getting quite nervous with freenx and the fact that there is no
way to install it (or maybe I'm just a poor moron). I mean what is the
point of developing something when many people can't even install it.
And I'm getting even more nervous because I do love this piece of
software, which is radically awsome (when it works :P ). I even give
some idea of icon and name for the freenx (Very Long Screen Cable)
because I LOVE IT.

I've seen many post with people asking for a .deb with not even a reply
to them! (I was sadly part of them). So the alternative for this people
is to use the tarball, which is a demoniac process where many admins
just died. The documentation is mmh... let me find... non-existante.

I swear.. yes I swear... I tried hardly to install it. trying to
construct from:
  - the sources
  - the deb are too old
  - taking the tar file from nomachine and wishing to bind it with freenx

So please, please can someone show us the path to the light.

Sincerly

Ced.
--

Cedric BRINER