List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Dropping Connection
From:       Tom Barber <tom () wamonline ! org ! uk>
Date:       2007-09-20 10:34:26

Sorry Fabian,

The server version is 1.5.0-60 which is the default supplied with
Centos/RHEL Version 5, I guess its not the newest they go for stability
over bleeding edge. I've been using the latest client for Windows from
the nx website and client 2.1.0-17 on my Gentoo laptop.

When I say kicked off, the clients just exit. Drop out without warning,
if I've got both windows and linux clients open they both drop out at
the same time, and yes it does only seem to happen when I'm using NX,
but for example if I've got putty open in the background it will close
that as well. It also seems to drop out quicker when I put the server
under a bit of strain, starting the pentaho server in it and opening
firefox normally does it.

I started up the server logging and looked into the client logs...

The client displays

Info: Display running with pid '2196' and handler '0x2d063c'.

NXPROXY - Version 3.0.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2007 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '852'.
Session: Starting session at 'Thu Sep 20 12:21:35 2007'.
Warning: Connected to remote version 2.1.0 with local version 3.0.0.
Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.
Info: Using LAN link parameters 1536/24/1/0.
Info: Using image streaming parameters 50/128/1024KB/6144/768.
Info: Using image cache parameters 1/1/65536KB.
Info: Using pack method '16m-rle-9' with session 'unix-gnome'.
Info: Not using NX delta compression.
Info: Not using ZLIB data compression.
Info: Not using ZLIB stream compression.
Info: Not using a persistent cache.
Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ':0'.
Session: Session started at 'Thu Sep 20 12:21:35 2007'.
Info: Established X server connection.
Info: Using shared memory parameters 1/2048K.

Nothing more not notice of disconnection at all, and the server shows...

HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.5.0-60 OS (GPL)
NX> 105 hello NXCLIENT - Version 1.5.0
NX> 134 Accepted protocol: 1.5.0
NX> 105 SET SHELL_MODE SHELL
NX> 105 SET AUTH_MODE PASSWORD
NX> 105 login
NX> 101 User: X
NX> 102 Password:
Info: Auth method: passdb
NX> 103 Welcome to: netl.ad.encon.co.uk user: X
NX> 105 listsession --user="X" --status="suspended,running"
--geometry="1280x
1024x32+render" --type="unix-gnome"
NX> 127 Sessions list of user 'X' for reconnect:

Display Type             Session ID                       Options  Depth
Screen
        Status      Session Name
------- ---------------- -------------------------------- -------- -----
-------
------- ----------- ------------------------------
1001    unix-gnome       58F1EEE161E5311E2C48C361A5A67EBA -RD--PSA    32
1280x10
24      Running     Netle

NX> 148 Server capacity: not reached for user: X
NX> 105 restoresession  --link="lan" --backingstore="1" --encryption="1"
--cache
="16M" --images="64M" --media="0" --session="Netle" --type="unix-gnome"
--geomet
ry="1280x1024" --kbtype="pc102/gb"
--id="58F1EEE161E5311E2C48C361A5A67EBA" --res
ize="1"

NX> 1000 NXNODE - Version 1.5.0-60 OS (GPL)
NX> 700 Session id:
netl.ad.encon.co.uk-1001-58F1EEE161E5311E2C48C361A5A67EBA
NX> 705 Session display: 1001
NX> 703 Session type: unix-gnome
NX> 701 Proxy cookie: b5e990c5b5bfbb9c13c0a0b81c03f5aa
NX> 702 Proxy IP: 127.0.0.1
NX> 706 Agent cookie: b5e990c5b5bfbb9c13c0a0b81c03f5aa
NX> 704 Session cache: unix-gnome
NX> 707 SSL tunneling: 1
NX> 105 NX> 710 Session status: running
NX> 1002 Commit
NX> 1006 Session status: running
bye
Bye
NX> 999 Bye
NX> 718 Session restore succeded
NX> 1001 Bye.

Also no sign of disconnection.

I just don't understand, at first I thought it may be SE Linux but thats
disabled so I can discount that, then I thought it may be a conflict
between Pentaho/JBoss and NXServer but it still bombs without it running
and Pentaho runs fine on the other server.

I find it very unlikely also that this is a NXserver specific problem
but I also have it running on my Gentoo box and a Centos Box I have at
home and I can connect to both of them absolutely fine from this network
not ever dropping a connection. I've never seen anything like this before.

Anyway thanks a lot Fabian,

Tom