List:       freedos-dev
Subject:    [fd-dev] new PRINT maintainer needed! / simple EMM386 improvements
From:       Eric Auer <eric () CoLi ! Uni-SB ! DE>
Date:       2003-08-01 15:28:11

Hi, the address of the maintainer of PRINT
(send files to the printer in the background, using some
timer-controlled pseudo-multitasking) is no longer valid.

If Aitor is correct about PRINT in
http://www.freedos.org/news/v1.0/
then the current version has hardly any similarity with
the one wanted. However, as PRINT is there, and I would
not know how it would run without pseudo-multitasking,
I hope and believe that the problem is only a lack of
configurability, while many of the features are
likely to be already implemented.

Anybody who colud take over maintenance of PRINT ?
Maybe we could put up a newsitem about MODE and PRINT
needing new maintainers for some important TODOs?

Thanks! Eric.

PS: A comment on the EMM386 TODO list:
H=handles -> hardcoded to 255, not sure if changing the EQU
  into a variable would be enough.
RAM=range / ROM=range -> Simply declaring RAM and ROM as aliases of
  I= and X= (which are already implemented) in emm386*.c / the
  command line parser would resolve this TODO.
Pn=n -> only makes sense for EMS 4.0 (position page n at place n).
HIGHSCAN - > it should be possible to turn this off (so that only
  regions explicitly as I=... ranges are used).
NOHI -> does EMM386 in OUR implementation need this at all?
ALTBOOT -> the ctrl-alt-del keyboard handler should be disable-able in EMM386.
NOMOVEEXBDA -> EMM386 does not move the ext. BIOS data area anyway,  so
  no need to have an option which disables that.
W=ON/OFF -> anybody having information about Weitek FPU ???
B=/A=/D=//K//S/Mx -> what are those options SUPOSED to do???