List:       freedesktop-pm-utils
Subject:    Re: [Pm-utils] pm-suspend very odd behaviour
From:       "Michael Biebl" <mbiebl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-14 22:35:13

2008/10/14 Nunzio Losacco <nunz@hotmail.it>:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm struggling with the suspend issues on my ASUS M6800Ne with Fedora 9.
> My laptop does suspend or hibernate correctly but it doesn't resume. It seems to \
> wake up some way but the panel backlight remains off. Having a look at Richard \
> Hugsie website I managed to make it work after some attempts. But the behaviour \
> keeps being very strange.
> 1. If I do a pm-suspend --quirk-s3-mode, the laptop will resume correctly.
> 2. Then, if AFTER THAT I do a pm-suspend with no arguments the laptop will resume \
> correctly again. 3. But when I reboot after that the system will hang on \
> "Restarting system" ...
> This happens systematically.

Yeah, we discussed just that on the mailing list a few days ago.

The problem is, that we don't clean the acpi flags on each run. So
once the acpi flags are set (see "sysctl kernel.acpi_video_flags"),
they are used on the subsequent run.

This has been fixed in master but there is no official release yet
with this fix.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?