2008/10/14 Nunzio Losacco : > > Hi there, > > I'm struggling with the suspend issues on my ASUS M6800Ne with Fedora 9. > My laptop does suspend or hibernate correctly but it doesn't resume. It seems to wake up some way but the panel backlight remains off. > Having a look at Richard Hugsie website I managed to make it work after some attempts. But the behaviour keeps being very strange. > > 1. If I do a pm-suspend --quirk-s3-mode, the laptop will resume correctly. > 2. Then, if AFTER THAT I do a pm-suspend with no arguments the laptop will resume correctly again. > 3. But when I reboot after that the system will hang on "Restarting system" ... > > This happens systematically. Yeah, we discussed just that on the mailing list a few days ago. The problem is, that we don't clean the acpi flags on each run. So once the acpi flags are set (see "sysctl kernel.acpi_video_flags"), they are used on the subsequent run. This has been fixed in master but there is no official release yet with this fix. Cheers, Michael -- Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? _______________________________________________ Pm-utils mailing list Pm-utils@lists.freedesktop.org http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/pm-utils