List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    Setting stop bits for serial terminals
From:       "Milo Hyson" <milo () cyberlifelabs ! com>
Date:       2001-08-16 20:01:02

I can't seem to figure out how to configure getty to use the proper stop
bits for my modem. I want to use a fixed setup of 9600, 8-bit data,
no-parity and 1-stop-bit. I can set everything except the stop bits.

When I dial in to the getty process, I usually end up with no response, but
sometimes I get a little bit of garbage. However, if I dial in to kermit or
minicom all is good.

Any help here would be appreciated. If this is the wrong group to be asking
in, I apologize in advance. :)

- Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs, LLC