List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    ipfw and natd in FreeBSD 4.3
From:       John Heyer <john () snake ! supranet ! net>
Date:       2001-04-30 23:56:27

When I have the following line in my ipfw rules, I get an error and the
rule doesn't load in 4.3-RELEASE.

${fwcmd} add 50 divert natd all from any to any via fxp0

> sh /etc/rc.firewall.custom
Flushed all rules.
60000 allow ip from any to any
ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument
60100 allow tcp from any to any established

What should I be using to startup natd?  The man page for natd still says
I should be using ipfw

--
Johh Heyer - john@personal.supranet.net - http://heyer.supranet.net

"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!"  -- Ralph Wiggam