List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    Re: Question (fwd)
From:       Evilham <contact () evilham ! com>
Date:       2020-04-09 9:07:56

On dj., abr. 09 2020, Eduardo Morras via freebsd-questions wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Apr 2020 11:40:18 +0200
> Evilham <contact@evilham.com> wrote:
>

>> > Another thing... There is No BSD User Group in the country
>> > where
>> > I live-reside
>> > (Spain) How could I create One? I guess its a good
>> > opportunity
>> > to do so as
>> > there is 0 here as I saw on the Website. As I speak / write
>> > English, Spanish ,
>> > Hungarian I guess I could tie in to other BSD Groups with
>> > those
>> > languages as
>> > well...
>> >
>> > Anyone can point me to the good direction regarding these
>> > things?
>>

>> Actually, I've been looking into starting something like this;
>> though in my case more wider-Barcelona centric, to have
>> physical
>> meetings be easier for the post-COVID world.
>> Probably those meetings would be kind of tri-lingual (a bit
>> like
>> PyBCN), to facilitate participation of local computer-people
>> who
>> might not be as well-versed in English.
>> Depending on where you live in Spain, bilingual might suffice,
>> just make sure not to exclude people on a language basis.
>>
>> For that, I registered some days ago freebsd.cat, haven't
>> managed
>> to do anything with it just yet.
>> I also noticed freebsd.es exists, but it appears to be an
>> abandoned effort; you might be able to get in touch with them
>> and
>> maybe do a friendly, mutually agreed, domain take over and
>> revive
>> it :-) (that would be pretty cool).
>
> I want to be in that User Group project. I have contacted Manuel
> Trujillo, from Barcelona area, who is/was in es.freebsd staff,
> to know
> the es.freebd current status.
>
> In 2006 and 2008 we organized two BSDCon at Barcelona. Both,
> Viktor and
> you Andres, can count with me for this BUG project.

Nice, I noticed that but somehow it feels as though the BSDs are
not that present around here.

Keep us posted with news from this person :-).

I was considering maybe even making a CFP (call for
participation?!) online, to get a feeling of who'd be able to
attend such a thing, so that hopefully the first time it is
reasonable to have a physical meeting it's more than 2 people :-p.
--
Evilham