On dj., abr. 09 2020, Eduardo Morras via freebsd-questions wrote: > On Tue, 07 Apr 2020 11:40:18 +0200 > Evilham wrote: > >> >> > Another thing... There is No BSD User Group in the country >> > where >> > I live-reside >> > (Spain) How could I create One? I guess its a good >> > opportunity >> > to do so as >> > there is 0 here as I saw on the Website. As I speak / write >> > English, Spanish , >> > Hungarian I guess I could tie in to other BSD Groups with >> > those >> > languages as >> > well... >> > >> > Anyone can point me to the good direction regarding these >> > things? >> >> >> Actually, I've been looking into starting something like this; >> though in my case more wider-Barcelona centric, to have >> physical >> meetings be easier for the post-COVID world. >> Probably those meetings would be kind of tri-lingual (a bit >> like >> PyBCN), to facilitate participation of local computer-people >> who >> might not be as well-versed in English. >> Depending on where you live in Spain, bilingual might suffice, >> just make sure not to exclude people on a language basis. >> >> For that, I registered some days ago freebsd.cat, haven't >> managed >> to do anything with it just yet. >> I also noticed freebsd.es exists, but it appears to be an >> abandoned effort; you might be able to get in touch with them >> and >> maybe do a friendly, mutually agreed, domain take over and >> revive >> it :-) (that would be pretty cool). > > I want to be in that User Group project. I have contacted Manuel > Trujillo, from Barcelona area, who is/was in es.freebsd staff, > to know > the es.freebd current status. > > In 2006 and 2008 we organized two BSDCon at Barcelona. Both, > Viktor and > you Andres, can count with me for this BUG project. Nice, I noticed that but somehow it feels as though the BSDs are not that present around here. Keep us posted with news from this person :-). I was considering maybe even making a CFP (call for participation?!) online, to get a feeling of who'd be able to attend such a thing, so that hopefully the first time it is reasonable to have a physical meeting it's more than 2 people :-p. -- Evilham _______________________________________________ freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"