List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    portlint ignoring $PORTSDIR
From:       Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer () dbai ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2003-02-01 10:52:22

I have PORTSDIR set, and a full checkout of our ports collection there:

  % echo $PORTSDIR/
  /sw/FreeBSD/ports/

  % ls $PORTSDIR/Mk/bsd.sites.mk
  /sw/FreeBSD/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk

However, portlint simply ignores $PORTSDIR and tries to access
/usr/ports/Mk -- which does not exist on this host:

  /sw/FreeBSD/ports/emulators/wine% portlint
  /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk: No such file or directory at /usr/local/bin/portlint line 211.

IMnsHO portlint should exclusively use $PORTSDIR if that has been set, and
never fall back to /usr/ports in that case.

Or am I missing something?

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/