List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Re: autoconf
From:       AlanE <alane () geeksrus ! net>
Date:       2003-01-04 14:54:34

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 03:33:02PM +1100, Mark.Andrews@isc.org wrote:

>	AC_CHECK_FUNC fails at high optimisation levels as the code
>	generated by AC_LANG_FUNC_LINK_TRY results in f being completely
>	optimised away.
>
>	2.57 has code that fixes this.  Can you look at upgrading the
>	port and/or back porting the changes to AC_LANG_FUNC_LINK_TRY.

The port upgrade will not happen until after 5.0 release. In fact, even
if I do learn enough to do a backport over the next couple of weeks, I
doubt that it would be allowed. It's too critical a tool to mess with.
Sorry.

--
AlanE (Alan Eldridge), who likes fixing weird distributed systems bugs.
Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, desperately seeking employment in NYC.