List:       freebsd-mobile
Subject:    Re: i965GM / Dell Latitude D630
From:       Lisa Besko <besko () msu ! edu>
Date:       2007-06-18 15:00:43

Michael Lestinsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did anyone here already have success installing X11 on a system with
> i965GM graphics? What I found out so far, is the xf86-video-intel driver
> seems to be the right one, but it fails due to a missing /dev/agpgart.
> Did anyone have success with this, yet?

I was having issues with this on my Thinkpad Z61t.  I cvsuped down a new
version of stable last week and rebuilt world and was able to get things
working again. I was getting errors about /dev/agpgart missing.  This
has the 954GM chipset and is using the i810 driver.  I'm running FreeBSD
6.2-STABLE #4 now.