List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Modula 3 causes a hang on boot
From:       John Polstra <jdp () polstra ! com>
Date:       1998-12-31 23:48:01

In article <36882A17.2283E7EF@pchost.com>,
Kyle Buttress  <kyle@pchost.com> wrote:

> I have encountered an unusual problem with Modula 3. Everytime I boot it
> hangs when doing Local package initialization:,
>
> It started after I installed apache13-modssl. I have done a cvsup with
> no better result, has anyone faced this problem before.

I doubt very much that Modula-3 has anything to do with this problem.
Its package initialization script (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/50.m3.sh) just
runs ldconfig, and that's not likely to hang.  To check it yourself,
rename 50.m3.sh to 50.m3.shX temporarily to disable it.  I bet your
system will still hang the same way as before.

John
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken