List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Postfix discussion.
From:       Gregory Sutter <gsutter () pobox ! com>
Date:       1998-12-31 23:41:37

On Thu, Dec 31, 1998 at 02:02:12PM -0800, Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> <sarcasm>
> Heck, go cold turkey the other way.  Don't install any mailer, and make
> the user install a port of exim, qmail, sendmail, or postfix as they see
> fit. :)   Do the same with the shells and interpreters, and really
> streamline that install process.
> </sarcasm>

Well, from the way I understand the new package system that is eventually
moving into place, this is what is going to happen.  Every conceivably
seperable component will be a separate package.  The system installer
will just execute install commands on each individual package.  Thus
streamlining the install process. :)

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                  "I think not," said Descartes...
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com            and promptly disappeared.