List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Dynamically Allocatable Name Service (DANS)
From:       denis <denis () actcom ! co ! il>
Date:       1996-06-30 12:41:15

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I understand what can be done.  Rocket and bike analogies just makes it
> > sound like name serving is a trivial exercise.
>
> It's also already in the works - he needs to read the RFCs (I sent
> this on to Paul Vixie who was quite amused).
>
>                                         Jordan
Hi,

I'm sorry I latened with my response, but I was away last week.

I read all the discussion you led on the last Sunday about my
proposition and I want to say everyone who participated in it
thank you.

Now, I want to answer the Jordan K. Hubbard's last message which
is at the top of my replay and which is (as I know) was the last
on the subject.

Before starting writing this DNS server and posting my idea to the
net, I've read all the material I had about the DNS service
includ-
ing various RFCs and internet draft and much more.
I know about the Paul Vixie's work, but it is exactly what I
called
Rocket motor for a bike. You see, he does exactly what I want to
do, but using textfile database, which doesn't improve performance
and doesn't allow using TTL's too (as someone noticed about my
idea)

--
Regards,
Denis