List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Converting from Linux to FreeBSD
From:       J Wunsch <j () uriah ! heep ! sax ! de>
Date:       1996-01-31 21:32:04

As Greg Lehey wrote:

> >         does freeBSD support the ext2 file system from linux w/o
> >                 reformatting?
>
> No, sorry.  You'll have to convert everything to ufs.

This is not exactly true however.  The ext2fs code is there, but it's
still considered somewhat experimental and thus not yet available in
any release.

So the correct answer is: FreeBSD does support ext2fs, but we would
rather recommend you backing up your disks and use ufs instead, since
this has been much more tested.

--
cheers, J"org