List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Nvidia amd64
From:       Miguel Mendez <mmendez () energyhq ! be>
Date:       2007-09-29 11:35:09

> http://silversoft.net/projects.html
>
> this is a disassembled and patched version of the official driver.

Wow, that's pretty interesting. I spent some time with objdump (dasm
actually) studying the code but got bored after a while. After AMD
announced the release of the GPU specs I decided it would be more
practical to get ATI hardware and let the proprietary nvidia blob
rot. The knowledge gained from the reverse engineering can be useful
for the  Nouveau guys (http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/) anyway.

Cheers,

Miguel Mendez
mmendez@energyhq.be