List:       freebsd-emulation
Subject:    tracing of linux emulation layer?
From:       "Yury Tarasievich" <grog () grsu ! by>
Date:       2003-05-12 10:42:12

Hello,

I need to make Oracle 9i for linux work on FreeBSD (4.8-RELEASE).
I've reached the point where Oracle successfully installs and listener, dbsnmp, web \
server successfully start. Now the problem is sqlplus fails with following \
diagnostics:

SQL> startup nomount pfile="<path_to_init.ora>"
ORA-27102: out of memory
Linux error: 12: Cannot allocate memory

I have also tracefiles made by truss, ktrace and strace. However, tracefiles tell me \
very very little and I'm completely at loss what to do.

Oracle's error message number 27102 supposedly would place the problem in the \
ballpark of shared memory. Now, I believe I have all required settings of shared \
memory set correctly. Do I at all need to trace linux emulation layer working with \
shared memory?? If so, how do I do that? Generally, how do I handle the situation?