List:       freebsd-emulation
Subject:    No screen update with vmware3 and svga driver
From:       freebsd () lislegaard ! net
Date:       2003-05-11 16:21:53

I have a big problem with the vmware3 port. When I enable the SVGA driver inside
the virtual machine the window turns black. Moving the cursor over the desktop
reveals blocks of the underlying graphics, but no other screen update happens in
this window.

This happens on two different machines where I've tried vmware3, both built from
current src over the past 2-4 days. It also happens with both XP and W2k guest OS.

Both machines run XFree86 4.3.0 (one used to have 4.2.1, same result there).
One has a Matrox G450, the other has a ATI Mach64 PCI card. In both configurations
I have tried to tweak every X option I can find, in particular I've turned off
all acceleration. Also tried various screen depths with no diffence.
Installed linux version is linux_base_7.1_3/7.1_2 repectively.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be the problem here?

-tom