List:       freebsd-doc
Subject:    Re: How can I help?
From:       Sean Kelly <kelly () fsl ! noaa ! gov>
Date:       1996-03-31 15:41:55

    Daniel> hello, what do I need to do to help with the handbook
    Daniel> project?

Find the sections marked with a `*' in the handbook and write them!
Be sure to post a message here (doc@freebsd.org) to ``claim'' the
section---someone else might be working on it already.  If none of the
to-be-written sections appeal to you, suggest a topic!

Then, write it.  We're using SGML to do this, using a document type
definition (DTD) based on linuxdoc.  Don't worry if that doesn't mean
anything to you.  Basically, look at the source to one of the
sections.  See the effect of each SGML tag.  Use the `sgmlfmt' command
to format your document for HTML, LaTeX, plain ASCII text, or nroff to
see how it looks.

Then, make it available for review.  You can do that by making the
SGML source available for anonymous FTP or put the HTML version up on
a web site.

Then, revise it.

Then, submit it.

Then, bask in the glory of having contributed something to our mighty
and growing handbook!

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov