List:       freebsd-arch
Subject:    Re: rcNG cleanups...
From:       Garance A Drosihn <drosih () rpi ! edu>
Date:       2004-03-05 18:22:53

At 10:52 AM +0300 3/5/04, Mike Makonnen wrote:
>  >
>>  1. There are many scripts from NetBSD that are not installed.
>  >    Because we are not longer want to stay in sync with NetBSD's
>  >    rcNG, we should remove them, as I susspect.
>
>No, these should stay. They are good for reference purposes, and
>they may come in handy in the future. Also, the space they take
>up is minimal.

But it could be argued that they are only good for reference of
what NetBSD would do for the matching service.  They are not
necessarily what would be right for FreeBSD.  And in the future,
when we want a reference for what NetBSD does for some service, we
can always just look at whatever they're using at *that* time.

Disclaimer: I have no particular preference on this, I'm just
saying that a reasonable argument could be made....