List:       focus-ms
Subject:    Re: Securing Personal Web Servers
From:       H Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-10-26 12:54:39

Mailer: SecurityFocus

>I've discovered that several of my Win NT
workstation users have the
>Personal Web Server product from Microsoft on
their machines.  I haven't
>seen any security updates on how to patch these
installations.  To secure
>these installations, I'm guessing that I would
just apply the IIS 4.0
>patches, but would like some feedback from anyone
who also has this
>situation.

Just a thought, but as you're posting from a .gov
domain...what do your policies say?  Should these
users be running web servers?  If not, wouldn't it
be prudent to remove, rather than patch, them?

Carv