List:       focus-ms
Subject:    AW: POP3 and IMAP authentication after Q303451
From:       <mla () softlogic ! de>
Date:       2001-10-26 8:41:32

Yes, the patch Q303451 causes this POP3 authentication issue. I never
had it before. There is a KB article explaining the problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q296/3/87.ASP.

You might also find the following article helpful for POP3 communication
testing via telnet:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q165/1/86.ASP

Hope this helps.
Thilo