List:       flightgear-flightmodel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-flightmodel] RC Plane Model
From:       David Culp <davidculp2 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-02-21 0:48:49

> Does anyone have a Flightgear model of an RC aircraft?  I'm not looking
> for anything specific, just something that will fly at a lower speed
> than any of the current Flightgear models and exhibit flight
> characteristics similar to a large RC trainer aicraft.

Michael Herder just posted this over at the JSBSim list.  It might have
something of interest to you.

Hi,
I've set up a new project on SF that uses JSBSim as its FDM.
It's an RC aircraft simulator called "Vertical Impact".
See: http://verticalimpact.sourceforge.net
Currently there are only a few screenshots, but the sourcecode is now in CVS
too (no documentation yet, sorry).
The app requires a CVS version of the Crystal Space 3D Engine (
http://crystal.sf.net ) and plib (http://plib.sf.net ).
If someone has any questions, please contact me in private.

bb
Michael

Dave