List:       flightgear-flightmodel
Subject:    [Flightgear-flightmodel] Heli Model
From:       "Derick Schoonbee" <schoonbee () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-02-08 18:50:01

Hi,

My fist post to this list since I recently 'discovered' Flightgear. I would
appreciate any suggestions/comments help on the following:

I'm doing some 'hobby' research in building a heli UAV (like
autopilot.sf.net) and want to experiment with FGs flighsim. Referring to
posting
http://baron.flightgear.org/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2003-February/015464.html
; I was wondering if there are any models then for RC Helis? ( Has Aaron
Kahn's heli FDM) been integrated to any fgfs FDM?

I'm still investigating the 'features' if fgfs and thus more Qs rise:
- Does anybody have aircraft configs for fgfs that simulates an RC heli?
- Are there any current implementation of sensors that are used in a IMU?
(Gyro, Acceleromtr. etc) I shall I need to 'roll my own'

Any pointers for my research would be appreciated.

Regards,
Derick Schoonbee