List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] Scenery pack size for 2020.1 (and 2020.2...)
From:       Scott <scttgs0 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-04-30 22:52:06

I think we need to establish a repeatable guideline because this
approach seems excessive.

Considering precedence, when Honolulu was the default airport we shipped
all of O'ahu because all the terrain was within 45km from PHNL.
Now for Keflavik, we are discussing whether to ship all of Iceland
including terrain 450km from BIKF.

50km surrounding the default airport seems like a better rule-of-thumb.
I don't know how big the Boston package was when it released, but I'll
speculate it was quite small from a terrain area perspective.

Scott