List:       flightgear-devel
Subject:    Re: [Flightgear-devel] EFB and other shared files
From:       "Rebecca N. Palmer" <rebecca_palmer () zoho ! com>
Date:       2015-09-27 15:04:12

> Anyway, maybe all of this content is more suited for FGData than for
> FGAddon.  The hi-res public domain world maps and ground equipment is
> not in any way aircraft specific.

fgdata currently has a 2x-lower-resolution world map
(Textures/Globe/world.topo.bathy.200407.3x4096x2048.png) and some ground
equipment whose quality I haven't checked (Models/Airport), but I'm not
sure if files outside Aircraft/ are meant to be available for use by
aircraft.  (I have previously deleted no-longer-used files under
Textures, which would obviously break things if they weren't actually
unused.)

Aircraft/{Generic,Instruments,Instruments-3d} are the current "shared
files available to all aircraft" directories; there is also a mechanism
for aircraft packages to depend on other packages (e.g. an "EFB"
package), but I don't know if it works.