List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: swIPe abstract (was Re: raptor encryption)
From:       Paul Ferguson <pferguso () cisco ! com>
Date:       1997-07-20 22:02:11

Regardless of the less-than-enthusiastic movement of applications, et. al.,
to IPsec mechanisms, this *is* the IETF standard for network layer
encryption. I think that speaks volumes. Vendors embracing a protocol
that is not, ahem, a 'standardized' effort is seriously gambling with
the success of their products in this regard.

$.02,

- paul

standard disclaimers apply

--
Paul Ferguson                                           ||        ||
Consulting Engineering                                  ||        ||