List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    JAVA applets connecting to "servlets"...
From:       Thierry AGASSIS <thierry.agassis () bluewin ! ch>
Date:       1997-07-16 18:42:42

Hi,

Suppose we have a firewall with proxies only and which let no IP traffic
through.
What alternatives should be considerred to make applets running inside
to be able to connect to their respective servlet (if any) on the host
they come from (outside the FW, of course) ? (let's assume the applets
are authentified thank's to some signature mechanism).

Are there specialized JAVA libraries aware of some tcp relay to contact
if the destination IP address is outside the local domain/firewall ?
Is there a well known port reserved for that ?

Any other alternative ?

Many thank's in advance for your replies and best regards !

Thierry A.

P.S. Please, put my personnal address as copy. My link is pretty slow
     and I cannot afford being part of too many lists :-(