List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: [NTSEC] ActiveX, MSIE and Quicken
From:       Adam Shostack <adam () homeport ! org>
Date:       1997-02-10 18:28:58

Can you enforce a policy at the desktop with the preponderance of
'Click here to download the latest...' links everywhere?  Not without
tools on the firewall to enforce policy.  What you really want is a
http proxy that sends a policy url/statement (like Netscape's autoproxy,
but for security policies) with each request, and a browser that
accepts and obeys policies from the firewall.

Adam

					               -Hume