List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Rewriting User Names
From:       Robert Harker <harker () harker ! com>
Date:       1997-02-01 12:34:07

The version of makemap you compiled seems not to support the new Berkeley "db"
Library.  Either get the library from:
	ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/ucb/4bsd/db.1.85.tar.gz
Or you can use your existing makemap which probabily supports the vendors
default "ndbm" database.  Try:
	makemap dbm outnames < outnames
This will create the ndbm database files: outnames.pag and outnames.dir
(the two names can be the same)

Word of warning, if your makemap command has been compiled with db
support, then you will get db files even if you specify dbm as the database
type.  To build a ndbm file you must use the makedbm command.

Hope this helps

RLH

   > For info about our "Managing Internet Mail, Setting Up and Trouble <
   > Shooting sendmail and DNS" and a schedule of dates and locations,  <
   > please send email to info@harker.com, or visit www.harker.com      <

Robert Harker						Harker Systems
Sendmail and TCP/IP Network Training			1180 Hester Ave
Network and Sysadmin Consulting				San Jose, CA 95126
harker@harker.com					408-295-9432