List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    ICMP Class 9; Code 0 in FW-1 Logs??
From:       Mark Thompson <thommd () CETUS ! MNGT ! ULETH ! CA>
Date:       1997-01-31 19:31:39

We're getting some logging that we can't explain in our FW-1 2.1 (solaris)
logs which I was hoping somebody out there might be able to help us
with:

ICMP class 9 rejected;
ICMP code 0 rejected

Does anybody have any idea what these classes and codes mean.  Are
these FW-1'isms, or are they actually part of the ICMP spec?  We had an
idea that they might be related to RIP traffic, but have (as of yet) been
unable to find proof.

Thanks much,

Mark.

Mark Thompson