List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    White Paper(s) on Internal Modems
From:       "Dennis.Archambault () SPCMAIL" <dennis ! archambault () spcmail ! stpaul ! com>
Date:       1997-01-31 7:13:19

As long as we are on the subject of internal modems, can some of you well read
security types point me to white papers that discuss the intrinsic
insecurities of internal modems.  I understand that the internal modems are a
and the risk that these little buggers represent. I am looking for outside
papers which will support that position that I can hand off to my customers
when I tell them that their modems will be going away.

TIA

Dennis Archambault
usspcgnj@ibmmail.com
Sr Telecom Analyst
St Paul Fire & Marine

The view expressed are mine and do not represent my employer.