List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Lotus Notes with NAT
From:       stuart () cs ! adelaide ! edu ! au (Stuart Beck)
Date:       1997-01-30 11:31:18

At 2:29 PM 29/01/97, Ryan Russell/SYBASE wrote:
>I pass notes traffic across my Firewall-1, on which
>I have address translation enabled.  Seems to work fine.

Except that it allows initial From lines in mail messages to contain
spaces in the username before the date e.g.
---->From Ryan Russell/SYBASE Thu Jan 30 10:47:39 1997
              ^
              |___ Note That Space

This causes problems with eudora and possibly any pop based server.

If it's the first message in the mailbox (as this one was) you get a
nasty message from eudora and have to edit your mailbox before you can
read your mail again (putting quotes around the name fixes it).

If it's not the first message in the mail box it will be attached to
the end of the previous message.

SAb.