List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Virus Scan....
From:       "Cihan Subasi (Garanti Tic)" <CihanS () garanti ! com ! tr>
Date:       1997-01-28 9:40:00

  Another question, for the SMTP traffic, does Webshield detect
virus-infected attachements (attachements could be in any of the following
formats UUENCODE,ZIP or MIME) ?

We are currently evaluating WebShield.  It sits inboard of your firewall -
one
NIC connects to your firewall and the other NIC connects to your internal
network.  It uses promiscuous mode NICs to handle all traffic, scans
ftp/smtp/http traffic for viruses, and passes all scanned traffic on.  It is

"transparent" - there are no interactions directly with the WebShield - and
"cannot be bypassed" - all traffic must go through the WebShield machine.

                                Delmer D. Harris, speaking for himself alone