List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: TCP/IP encrypted connection
From:       Jyri Kaljundi <jk () stallion ! ee>
Date:       1997-01-11 17:05:38

gunni@if.is (Gunnar Ingvi Thorisson) asked:

> I'm looking for a good way to transfer TCP/IP data between two Networks
> (two countries) safe and secure ower the Internet. Maybe a router which
> is cabable of crypting outgoing packets addressed to certain networks?

Most of the routers and firewalls you can get in Europe have only weak
encryption, so these should never be used. I suggest you have a look at
the F-Secure product family. F-Secure SSH is one of the most popular (and
strongest) TCP encryption products available in Europe.

For encrypting traffic between 2 (or even more) LAN's there is a product
called F-Secure VPN. This software runs on ordinary PC with 2 Ethernet
cards and encrypts all the traffic between the sites you choose.

DataComm Magazine gave a nice review of the product in their January
issue, which is available at:
http://www.data.com/hot_products/software_security/fellows.html

More information can be found at:
http://www.Europe.DataFellows.com/f-secure/vpn/